2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Southampton, We are saying we don't have the squad to compete with them, Is that correct?
Top of the league Carlo does not become a bad Manager overnight he has been left with a load of dead wood plus he has won the prem before - yes its concerning our last 3 defeats, but he needs time to sort it - no one likes us to lose 3 on the bounce ... but digging up silly articles on him is childish...... I have constructively criticised on where I think he has erred nothing more over the last 3 games - not start a witch hunt like you have....
His record is up there his job is to produce he has had one transfer window.....our deadwood is so bad we can't give them away.......

can smell blood in this thread. Too early for that?

but I have to agree our squad fitness is abysmal. This is the main reason why we can’t be tactically sound for 90mins. When legs are gone, tactics are thrown out the window.
Carlo is well aware of that but seems unable to do anything about it.

too many post match interview mentioning about lack of energy shows the dire condition of our players.

That squad haven’t played for anyone other than Heynkes and Flick. They didn’t perform at the top level for Guardiola, they didn’t do it for Ancelotti, they didn’t do it for Kovac.

Guardiola is a legend in Bayern, and in Germany. He has some wild records with Bayern, and it would be too silly to compare him to Ancelotti.

but I have to agree our squad fitness is abysmal. This is the main reason why we can’t be tactically sound for 90mins. When legs are gone, tactics are thrown out the window.

too many post match interview mentioning about lack of energy shows the dire condition of our players.
I don’t think anyone will want him gone before the end of the season but as far as I’m concerned, he’s useless to us if he doesn’t get us either Europe or a trophy.

Moshiri will not pay someone one of the highest wages in World football to not deliver.

We've only got small number of players with pace in our squad, in the premier league pace is everything. This will take time to sort out imo

Baffled that theres blues accepting that we can't compete with Southampton and Newcastle if we lose 1 or 2 players

He's supposed to be a world class manager ffs
There’s always a ready made excuse. It’s like we’re the only team who can suffer any sort of misfortune.

Interesting comments in here today to say the least.
Just out of curiosity.
We've taken a punt on someone with no CV in silva. Disaster
We then went with someone with possibly the best CV.
Question to those now questioning the current manager.
What do you want given we went no CV to great CV.
Genuinely interested to know where the quick fix comes from.
Put simply, I want us to be good. It’s hardly rocket science. I don’t care if the manager has won 27 champions leagues or is in their first job, I just want them to make Everton better.

I think the idea of a ‘quick fix’ is a bit of a weird one, and the wording highlights one of my issues with all this. We weren’t fundamentally broken. Everyone talks about Koeman and Walsh as if we stayed up on the last day of the season or something. Ancelotti took over a team which had finished 7th, 8th and 8th in the last 3 seasons. It’s absolutely mental to make out like he’d do well to get top 10 after adding 4 big signings to what he inherited. I don’t expect him to have us winning the league, but I think the very least I would class as a good (league) season is 7th, pushing 6th very close. Right now we don’t look capable of that and that’s disappointing. I certainly don’t want us to rip it up and start again, but I think questioning the manager is pretty reasonable given our form and the number of frankly dire performances he’s overseen.

It's ok to have a common understanding of what this season's expectations are when we discuss this topic. So you can say that 9th place is the baseline, but we should expect a world class coach like CA (+ investments in players like JR, Allan and AD) to perform better than this. I agree, we should challenge the top 6.

I'd be absolutely shocked if we don't finish 6th at worst tbh.

At no point have I thought we'll finish 9th this season and I'm pretty sure Ancelotti hasn't set his sights on such a position either.

Baffled that theres blues accepting that we can't compete with Southampton and Newcastle if we lose 1 or 2 players

He's supposed to be a world class manager ffs
Hes only brought in a few players ffs give him a chance, hes inherited four managers players who are mostly bang average gonna take time mate

For all his experience too, Ancelotti hasn’t demonstrated his ability to manage a game with us.

That FA Cup defeat to Liverpool and that Newcastle home game will always worry me.

I'd be absolutely shocked if we don't finish 6th at worst tbh.

At no point have I thought we'll finish 9th this season and I'm pretty sure Ancelotti hasn't set his sights on such a position either.
If we finish 9th there will be some on here claiming it’s the best he could’ve done.

He’s lucky the fans aren’t in the stadium because we’d be showing our frustration by now with what has frankly been a disgraceful month.

Status
Not open for further replies.