2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn’t have to pick Sigurdsson, Tosun, etc.

Use academy kids like United do. Can they be any worse and if they were, it’s not like the result alters, we still end up with 0 points.

He’s really pissed me off this last month. One off games is understandable but it looks like he hasn’t tried anything different than the same old ridged formation that everyone has sussed out.

He’ll have some explaining to do if he doesn’t win the next 3 games.
Our next game Fulham does not matter how they are playing we hav an awful away record there going back decades ....there Elland road , and the Pit.......

What exactly are you getting at? Are you saying because our average finish is 9th, then we should be going for players to help us finish 9th?

The reason he's purchased the likes of Allan and Rodriguez is to challenge the top 6 and the last time I checked the table we were 6th and 3 points behind top. Regardless of todays results, at worst we'll be 9th, 6 points off top and 3/4 points from the top 4.

So as things stand, the signings are working as they have us in a position to be more competitive against the top 6
It's ok to have a common understanding of what this season's expectations are when we discuss this topic. So you can say that 9th place is the baseline, but we should expect a world class coach like CA (+ investments in players like JR, Allan and AD) to perform better than this. I agree, we should challenge the top 6.

He’s been here a year, not 5 minutes.

Look at the way Brendan Rodgers has Leicester. They’re miles ahead.

Also, Ancelotti is the one who is picking Pickford. Olsen should have remained in goal for this game, given the two Newcastle goals weren’t his fault.

This could be a blip or it could be Ancelotti nearing the end of his time of being a top manager. We’ll know more over the next few weeks with easier fixtures and the player we can’t win without being back.

For £11m a year, we deserve a lot more than what we are seeing.
Fair enough, but you cannot even begin to compare the squad Rodgers inherited and what Carlo did. Saying that Rodgers is doing an excellent job.

Status
Not open for further replies.