2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
All jokes aside if Ancelotti really does go we need somebody to come in full of energy and passion who wants to get the club as fast as possible and isn't going to accept any forms of mediocrity. There is a big opportunity here for somebody to light a fire under the arse of this club, If it happens I want to next man in charge to be a bit of a prick, far too nice we've been.

Howe can do one as well. Absolute beta male who was happy handing over the three points as long as his side looked good doing it.

Antonio Conte, someone with some balls and a bit of a disciplinarian.....

IF he goes of course.

To my mind it raises questions about what Carlo has been promised and what is being delivered. Lukaku alluded to it in when he left. There was a lot of talk about big signings and it never materialised. I don’t doubt Moshiri has invested heavily in the club but I do wonder if the board sometimes over promises.

We were never in a position to buy big name players as we didn't have the pull. Especially when Rom only played in 1 season when Mosh took over.

Regardless of who we brought in, he was always going to be off as he'd spent as long as he could with us.

Carlo got players he wanted in last season. No doubt he'll get who he wants this.

I just think he possibly may feel "happier" taking on a less difficult role at Real

Or Carlo just resigns like he did when he was at PSG and Real came calling

It doesnt really work like that. If he walked out we'd still be entitled to compensation we just wouldn't be able force him to stay like you can with footballers.

The him leaving psg was a rare situation because psg were already looking to get rid of him. According to ancelottis book Leonardo had went to ancelotti two days before the last group game of the champions league (which was a dead rubber as psg had already qualified out of the group) that if he didn't win it he'd be sacked.

Ancelotti won the match then had a meeting with leonardo that he couldn't work like that so he would leave at the end of the season and Leonardo agreed it was for the best.

But we thought that about Carlo, and he came

Yeah people forget most European big clubs are skint at present and aint offering big money for managers to spend.

If we offered a Conte type £11-13 million a year salary and £100+ million budget on players they may well be interested as most managers would want to manage in the Premier League.

Be very interesting if Carlo did leave to what the owners are thinking - if they dont put up much of a fight maybe they havent been that impressed with Carlo overall and are happy for him to leave?

....might be content if reports of disagreement on the potential signings is true.

I doubt he is too worried. You always sensed that there was a divergence in strategy between him and the manager. I'm sure he is content enough. I mean if Conte comes in, it will be an even bigger divergence! That's the job though, as a DOF you expect to work with different managers.

What happens with James and Allan will be interesting.

Something tells me this is probably just his agent talking to Madrid and then leaked to the media, I'm actually pretty confident he's not going anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.