2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked pretty happy doing the lap of appreciation the other day?

He's playing in a crap team, why would he be happy?

Would he be a devastating loss if he went? No. None of them would. Cause we're crap. But still, we play crap football, we're boring, we never come close to winning anything.

If I was a 24-year-old from Brazil, with no affinity for the club other than when I signed for them, why would I want to be here?
He always looks happy apart from during the 90 minutes of football

I'm not asking for a flavour of the month manager.

I'm asking for our manager who has won leagues and cups and is on £9m a year to find a better way around it and a way to produce better than the durge that has been served up.

I’m not going to get into a backward and fourth argument with you mate because it’s been done to death on here.

Usually I would be the first to jump on the managers back.... however my reservations on Carlo are based on what I witnessed at the start of the season when all of our better players were available and in form, our football was a joy to watch, okay we didn’t see much of the ball but we were able to instantly turn defending into attacking with pace and precision and the effort and determination was there to see. It’s no surprise that this all changed the moment injuries and suspensions set in. The moment we had to revert to depending on the same dross of last season, the moment we lost our full backs to injuries and had to use center half’s, the moment we no longer had any permanent outlet on the right side what so ever. I can count on one hand the number of games all of our better players were available and played with each other consistently this season, it hasn’t been many.

The man has told everyone he was tried to get the best out of what he has available, the man is literally squeezing blood from a stone with what he has available.

He’s just come out after today’s defeat and told you he wants to sign better players so he can play better football.

We all like to play football manager and think it’s easy but how clear can it be that the man is telling you himself that his team isn’t capable of giving him that? At least not the team he’s left with when all/most of his better players are not available?

I seen enough from the same dross of last season to know what level of performance I will see from them when called upon and not to my surprise that’s exactly what they have served up. My only surprise this season is that Richarlison hasn’t been at his best and only turned up in January for a few weeks.

The man knows he has work on his hands here. He hasn’t tried to hide behind anything. He knows we need to improve he’s telling us that. He’s telling you he’s trying to get the best out of what he has but he can only do so much.

I really don’t understand what else he’s supposed to do.

Doesn’t matter if you’re on 50k/100k/1m/2m per week, if you’ve inherited a mostly poor team who don’t have the will or desire to do well and be successful then you’re fighting a losing battle and things won’t change. The dross needs punting.

I get the anger but 10th place isn't disgusting. It's probably about where we are overall. Obviously we could be higher if we'd won the odd game more but it is what it is.
It is not the position itself that is most frustrating, but the way we do it. Had we only seen some progression in the way we play football, invested in some players in the right age group with great potential, it would have been ok. Instead, we have played some of the worst football I have seen since the late 90's, and it happens every week, and have invested in players like AD, JR and Allan. All this for a completely mediocre position.

You'e doing it again though mate. This thing of it being back to attitude.

We didn't get done on attitude today. We got done 5-0 because City are a brilliant side, who yes have had money to spend on the best players and managers, but have done so smartly in the last few years, have built it up and are just an incredibly coached team. They beat us on quality.

And our defeats this season - it has been far too easy to label them as lazy, and effortless. Nah, it's that, but it's also the fact we lack substance, lack quality, lack any balance, whether it's recruitment (not one winger in the squad) or tactics (playing Allan and Gomes in midfield at home v Villa, playing a mad Xmas tree v Fulham and Newcastle, getting outdone by Paul Heckingbottom).

More to this than attitude and effort.

Attitude has various components. It's not just running and effort. It's also courage to take the ball and courage to play the ball forward. We were doing it at nil nil then no one wanted to do it after we conceded. There is a lack of courage/commitment, call it what you like. It's all about attitude.

I want an enormous clear out. Anything less is an acceptance of poor performances and failure. At some point we stop tolerating this appalling squad and get players in who understand what is expected.

Brighton didn’t beat us at home, we beat them 4-2

But by your standing should Klopp have gone seeing as Fulham, Burnley and Brighton beat them at Anfield?
Ok, beaten by Sheffield United, Fulham, Newcastle and Burnley at home.

Liverpool can do what they want, but Klopp has won trophies over there and we cant compare that with Ancelotti here.

I'm not 100% saying I want Ancelotti out, btw. I just dont see a route to better days with a coach like him in a job like this.

I’m not going to get into a backward and fourth argument with you mate because it’s been done to death on here.

Usually I would be the first to jump on the managers back.... however my reservations on Carlo are based on what I witnessed at the start of the season when all of our better players were available and in form, our football was a joy to watch, okay we didn’t see much of the ball but we were able to instantly turn defending into attacking with pace and precision and the effort and determination was there to see. It’s no surprise that this all changed the moment injuries and suspensions set in. The moment we had to revert to depending on the same dross of last season, the moment we lost our full backs to injuries and had to use center half’s, the moment we no longer had any permanent outlet on the right side what so ever. I can count on one hand the number of games all of our better players were available and played with each other consistently this season, it hasn’t been many.

The man has told everyone he was tried to get the best out of what he has available, the man is literally squeezing blood from a stone with what he has available.

He’s just come out after today’s defeat and told you he wants to sign better players so he can play better football.

We all like to play football manager and think it’s easy but how clear can it be that the man is telling you himself that his team isn’t capable of giving him that? At least not the team he’s left with when all/most of his better players are not available?

I seen enough from the same dross of last season to know what level of performance I will see from them when called upon and not to my surprise that’s exactly what they have served up. My only surprise this season is that Richarlison hasn’t been at his best and only turned up in January for a few weeks.

The man knows he has work on his hands here. He hasn’t tried to hide behind anything. He knows we need to improve he’s telling us that. He’s telling you he’s trying to get the best out of what he has but he can only do so much.

I really don’t understand what else he’s supposed to do.

I can't be happy with a bloke who's guided us to 12th and 10th mate. Simple as that.

Now, I understand there's loads of caveats. And I don't want him gone. I just think there has to be serious questions asked and changes made internally. That includes the playing staff, but Carlo and his coaches have to take a hard look at themselves and realise they made numerous mistakes, and repeated them. I want Brands told in no uncertain terms that what he has built so far is not good enough. Tbh, I think a statement from Moshiri is what we should have, with clear targets set in place because I'm fed up of their being no accountability.

If we just blame the players, then by the same token we can't just credit Carlo only for the good things that happened this season.

I agree with you that he knows he has work on his hands and I'm sure he'll try his best for it to work. But 18 months in, it's grim. The footy is crap, the results are crap, the performances are crap, and the players aren't improving bar one or two in flashes. Richarlison has stagnated, Dom has improved, but for some reason we've stopped playing to his strengths. Davies improved, but then got left out and when he's played Carlo still has this mad idea that Allan is actually a holding midfielder despite showing nothing in that role that is going to suit the league.

He's failed at his first target, which was to get Europe this year. So unfortunately by that logic, he has been a failure. If our target was just to win at Anfield, Emirates, Spurs etc - fine, well done, we've got those monkeys off our backs, so let's see if we can build on that at least next season.

I think if he can get about 8 in and I mean that.He has something to work with.Of course he has to ship a load of cack out.
I said after the first of the two villa games a few weeks back, I'm not watching them again until we have 5-6 new first team players, as I was so disgusted with them. I caught half of one game since. Utter shambles the second half of the season.

If the standard of football remains the same next season, then sack him.

Fair and completely reasonable.

Ancellotti has had a stellar career, but it doesn’t mean he’s bulletproof, it just gives him more time to prove himself at Everton.

Past success is not a barometer for future success. He has to earn his crust this Summer in influencing what players come and go, then has to follow that up next season with something far better than this season’s dirge. That means a marked improvement in league placing and competitive, passionate football.

Anything less than that, he’s failed and his position should be under massive scrutiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.