2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are playing Hibs...

And no that is not the reason. Every single time they do it, there is an easy ball with nobody between them and they hit it behind the advancing player and not in their stride.

It's incredibly basic stuff and they don't do it for some reason. Been that way for years too.
It's a backwards/defensive/fear-driven mentality. Same as England. Rather than risk a run at the defenders and be the one to "lose the ball" the midfielders play backwards until the opposition press and cut off the passes and we inevitably 1) get caught and dispossessed or 2) play back to Pickford or 3) hoof it up hoping DCL will get on the end of it.

joshua king is one of the weirdest signings this club has ever made

we were crying for an attacking player in january and he was on the bench for half the games and out of the squad for the other half
Yes agree very strange one, he came on the other week looked decent hit the post. In recent weeks I’m sure he wouldn’t have contributed more than DCL who looks like he’s been on holiday for week, he’s been in Sig mode.

There was though we were top of the league and everyone was happy at one stage.

When most of the squad was fit and all our better players were on form. Said it earlier in the season it’s no coincidence that our form and style of play drastically declined when injuries and suspensions set in and we had to depend on the same dross from last season. When you factor in at one point we had no full backs available and were using centre half’s there, added with the fact we had no out let on the right wing all season, it’s little wonder things changed. People won’t acknowledge this at all and it’s pathetic.

7th mid way through a season. Same position as they were the previous season at the same time where he eventually finished 3rd. The chairman is a nutcase.

So....yeah.
Imagine the audacity of a chairman wanting to challenge for the league and God forbid, wanting the players to train harder!!

also who is carlo gonna attract with 10th place finish and no european football next season

He got us James and Allan with no European football after finishing 12th.

People will want to work with him. He’s very highly respected in the footballing world. Just our knee jerking fan base want to run him out of town and put someone like Potter at Brighton in his place.

Should have got that Bielsa us. Reckon he could have Iwobi pulling off Ronaldo-esque performances down the right for us all season. That Tom Davies would be on Pirlo levels right now. Imagine all the stamina and pace he could infuse into Andre Gomes to make him close down quickly enough and ping out Iniesta like through balls.

I dont buy into that. He looks like he cant get a grip on this club.

I think he knows it will take time. Maybe he's been shocked at just how much time he'll need. But, I don't think he's helped himself with some poor decisions, poor management and tactics in games we should have won with ease. To compound that, we don't appear to have the basics nailed down, and that's what the worry is.

He got us James and Allan with no European football after finishing 12th.

People will want to work with him. He’s very highly respected in the footballing world. Just our knee jerking fan base want to run him out of town and put someone like Potter at Brighton in his place.
No mate, you're doing that thing again where you think everyone pointing out clear flaws is suggesting we bin Carlo and get a Bobby Martinez Mk II in.

We're not, at all. But we've finished 12th and 10th under him. That's not good enough.

So he needs to improve. The players aren't up to it, we know that, but we've got no playing style that is sustainable, no identity, a transfer policy which seems haphazard at best (and has done for the last five years). An academy creating very little talent etc.

He can't be absolved of blame. And I'd start by saying there needs to be a fresh face on the coaching staff sooner rather than later to add to what's there, because the current bunch aren't up to it. They are, by definition, mid-table.

Something seriously happened 2nd half of the season. I don't know what, but something dosen't sit right with me. No chemistry between Richy and DCL had the alarm bells going with me.
Richarlison’s attitude all season has got me worried. It’s as though he doesn’t want to be here.

Same way it was when Silva was manager in his second season. We looked as clueless and lost then.

The squad stinks. It’s full of self loathing, gutless, talentless wasters.

No flavour of the month manager will fix this problem. It requires a mass exodus.

I’m sorry people can’t see this, clearly these rat bag players have the wool pulled over too many peoples eye sockets.

I'm not asking for a flavour of the month manager.

I'm asking for our manager who has won leagues and cups and is on £9m a year to find a better way around it and a way to produce better than the durge that has been served up.

Status
Not open for further replies.