2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH WEST BROM P/C

Branthwaite injury confirmed
He had a problem on his ankle, he's out for at least 3-5 weeks. He doesn't need surgery but he has to rest."

Blues looking for a centre-back
Honestly we are looking for a centre back. We are looking, if the market offers something I think we can have one. Now we are only with Yerry Mina and Michael Keane, but we are looking for another one.

No comment on Tomori
Tomori plays in Chelsea, so please don't ask me this

Spirit is good
Every game has difficulties, but the spirit in this moment is good and we want to keep that high with a good result.

Ancelotti looking for consistency
We need consistency, that's what we have missed the last season. Consistency means getting results, so we are looking to see a good game tomorrow and to win.

Expectation brings demands
Ancelotti says It is the right expectation - The (Spurs) game gave us more confidence. Its just one game, so we must have an other good game. When you have confidence, you can beat teams in the top 6 away.

New boys in good condition
They are in a good condition, they showed a good adaptation against Tottenham. I gave them a rest but in general I think the beginning is general to rotate the players because no-one is fit 100%

Pickford is confident
He did really well, I think he is confident in this moment. The fact he played in the national team I think gave him more confidence."

Plenty of years to come for Coleman
Seamus can play until he's 40! He's still young

Bilic will make it difficult
I know the manager, he did really well with Croatia. I know his style, it will be a difficult game for sure

Same approach as Spurs
The gameplan doesn't change. The most important part of the game was the spirit the team showed, that must be the same. West Brom will play a different shape, we have to manage this, but the idea is to play the same

Mr Motivator
I think the expectation gives us motivation. This puts more pressure on us, but as I said pressure is good, it can give you more motivation in your job

Ancelotti on fans return
Who doesn't want. All people that love football want the fans back! But when it will be safe and secure. For this reason, I think we have to follow the advice of the government

Strength in depth
This is true, we have a more competitive squad, it's difficult to do the line-up and the bench, the most difficult part is to tell players to stay home and watch on TV

Carabao Cup important but an opportunity for rotation
We will use the Carabao Cup, an important competition for us, to rotate the players.

Schalke spell useful for Kenny
I didn't know him before he left for Schalke but I think the experience he had in the Bundesliga was useful for him. He showed against Salford he can play in the first team without problem.

On Kean's Pen
I know for a striker it's important to score. He played a good game, he was involved in a lot of offensive situations. I don't know how he felt after the penalty, honestly he had a good performance in my opinion.

Ancelotti on Mason Holgate’s injury
I have to take the advice from the doctors. He is out for at least 2/3 months! He is walking in the swimming pool without any problem but we’ll have to wait.

Interesting when asked about Kean he went on to mention that we only have DCL and Kean as central strikers, I guess he isn't playing 442 after all then.

Wonder if he really meant the comments on Kean and the squad is strong, but it is more to keep everybody happy trick. Surely Fleetwood away or possibly West Ham we need more quality up front and Allan or Doucoure in midfield if we are serious in winning this cup

SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH WEST BROM P/C

Branthwaite injury confirmed
He had a problem on his ankle, he's out for at least 3-5 weeks. He doesn't need surgery but he has to rest."

Blues looking for a centre-back
Honestly we are looking for a centre back. We are looking, if the market offers something I think we can have one. Now we are only with Yerry Mina and Michael Keane, but we are looking for another one.

No comment on Tomori
Tomori plays in Chelsea, so please don't ask me this

Spirit is good
Every game has difficulties, but the spirit in this moment is good and we want to keep that high with a good result.

Ancelotti looking for consistency
We need consistency, that's what we have missed the last season. Consistency means getting results, so we are looking to see a good game tomorrow and to win.

Expectation brings demands
Ancelotti says It is the right expectation - The (Spurs) game gave us more confidence. Its just one game, so we must have an other good game. When you have confidence, you can beat teams in the top 6 away.

New boys in good condition
They are in a good condition, they showed a good adaptation against Tottenham. I gave them a rest but in general I think the beginning is general to rotate the players because no-one is fit 100%

Pickford is confident
He did really well, I think he is confident in this moment. The fact he played in the national team I think gave him more confidence."

Plenty of years to come for Coleman
Seamus can play until he's 40! He's still young

Bilic will make it difficult
I know the manager, he did really well with Croatia. I know his style, it will be a difficult game for sure

Same approach as Spurs
The gameplan doesn't change. The most important part of the game was the spirit the team showed, that must be the same. West Brom will play a different shape, we have to manage this, but the idea is to play the same

Mr Motivator
I think the expectation gives us motivation. This puts more pressure on us, but as I said pressure is good, it can give you more motivation in your job

Ancelotti on fans return
Who doesn't want. All people that love football want the fans back! But when it will be safe and secure. For this reason, I think we have to follow the advice of the government

Strength in depth
This is true, we have a more competitive squad, it's difficult to do the line-up and the bench, the most difficult part is to tell players to stay home and watch on TV

Carabao Cup important but an opportunity for rotation
We will use the Carabao Cup, an important competition for us, to rotate the players.

Schalke spell useful for Kenny
I didn't know him before he left for Schalke but I think the experience he had in the Bundesliga was useful for him. He showed against Salford he can play in the first team without problem.

On Kean's Pen
I know for a striker it's important to score. He played a good game, he was involved in a lot of offensive situations. I don't know how he felt after the penalty, honestly he had a good performance in my opinion.

Ancelotti on Mason Holgate’s injury
I have to take the advice from the doctors. He is out for at least 2/3 months! He is walking in the swimming pool without any problem but we’ll have to wait.
Bloody hell, didn't realise Holgate was out for that long!

Bloody hell, didn't realise Holgate was out for that long!
He did actually say a day or so as well that he hoped he would be back quicker than expected if he meant he means the 2 months i dont know, but still a bit away - we seem to get some silly injuries that end up keeping our players out longer than they probably should

Definitely seems like he’s trying to build his players up saying things like Seamus can play til 40, JJK can be in the first team, and Moise had a good game. Like wants to make sure the players know he has their backs rather than let the fans dictate what they think/feel. I quite like this mr Ancelotti.

Status
Not open for further replies.