2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't pretend to know more than the fans who have been watching for years or even enough to form a credible opinion.

But based on the VERY little I've seen, seems like he was not the right type of striker for last year's team, but a great one for this year's.

Meaning last year, the team had a poor midfield that lacked creativity. A player like him that is not creative himself was only going to look bad. The team would have benefitted more from a forward that could link up and create for himself. A more technical striker per se. A guy like Richy was always gonna look good while DCL not.

This year the team has a very good midfield and actually benefits from a striker like him who will be in the box and receive service from James and the wings. He also seems to run and press. I definitely don't see him as a weak link for this team. A proper 9 this lad.

But I could be WAY off on my observation lol
Just spoke to Vera at The Banjo.She said you are welcome anytime.You'll have a nice warm glow after meeting her.

I know people quite rightly think that what players etc wear doesn't matter, but Ancelotti and his garb intrigue me. He's from the home of style and had infinite money, yet seems to wear an old polo shirt from a charity shop and one size too big, with a suit that probably cost a fortune, yet he manages to make look bad. Not really criticising (no room to criticise, considering what I look like), but just thought it mildly interesting.

He does turn the raising of one eyebrow into virtually an art form, though.

Hopefully we can roll about the same 11 for Fleetwood next week. Subbies did their job tonight. Would be wonderful to get through the early rounds with the reserves. Eases the burden big time on our players

I know people quite rightly think that what players etc wear doesn't matter, but Ancelotti and his garb intrigue me. He's from the home of style and had infinite money, yet seems to wear an old polo shirt from a charity shop and one size too big, with a suit that probably cost a fortune, yet he manages to make look bad. Not really criticising (no room to criticise, considering what I look like), but just thought it mildly interesting.

Overly harsh - he has even moved into the world of 'coordinated ties' with his sidekick:

1600304064606.png

His recent blue jumper was a real hit on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.