2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fair to call it out when he gets it wrong but he gets it right far more often, and pulls out big results using a players we all know have no long-term future here. People questioning him whenever we lose can suck a fart out of his arse, he's dragging us forward as a club at a steady pace which is all we can ask for.

The home form will undoubtedly improve next season when fans are allowed back in the stadium. The away form this year has done more than just pick up vital points, we've broken down some huge mental barriers that had been there for donkeys. Won at Anfield, won at Elland Road, won at Arsenal, won at Spurs, came back from the dead at Old Trafford. All places were for many years, under numerous managers and with different players, we've completely rolled over. Or at least now won very often.

A few good players in the summer and we can look at kicking on next season. Just desperately hope we get some European football too.
Of course the opposite will also be true. We will lose more away. But we are slowly improving and that's all that matters

I've got no concerns about us going into games, camping on the edge of our own box and trying to grind out a result.

My concern is that that is literally all we can do.

Happy with today other than our usual self-sabotage attempt in the second half which - and we do this in every single game btw - sees us sit far too deep. Today, we got away with it when they hit the post and thankfully woke up a bit after that.

Defended well, good set up - the system he should have used against Villa and should use in our remaining home games. A back three doesn't always have to be defensive.

Of course the opposite will also be true. We will lose more away. But we are slowly improving and that's all that matters

As long as we finish on more points than previously every season there is no reason to not believe. A trophy would be so sweet too, but I'm personally of the opinion that it's not correct to prioritise them. Just focus on becoming stronger and stronger and eventually a trophy will arrive. Look at United under OGS, been getting stick for ages for not winning one but he didn't pay it no mind. One now looks very likely to arrive a few years into the process, along with a strong 2nd place finish. We should approach things the exact same way.

I've got no concerns about us going into games, camping on the edge of our own box and trying to grind out a result.

Happy with today other than our usual self-sabotage attempt in the second half which - and we do this in every single game btw - sees us sit far too deep. Today, we got away with it when they hit the post and thankfully woke up a bit after that.

Defended well, good set up - the system he should have used against Villa and should use in our remaining home games. A back three doesn't always have to be defensive.

Think it’s why we’re essentially knackered whenever we concede first.

Think it’s why we’re essentially knackered whenever we concede first.

100%

I'm happy to accept the main issue is the players, as I've said all along. But, they can be well-drilled, as they have been in our away games, so they're not all totally lost causes.

We just have to find a way to play at home and it really shouldn't be too hard. And then heading into next season we need some actual idea of how we want to play.

until we have better players Carlos said it himself

until we have better players Carlos said it himself

We've won 11 away games with the players we have. They're not totally crap.

Yes, we need better players. But the players we have should have been capable of winning games we've lost at home. While the players have been poor in said matches, Carlo has made mistakes and you can't just keep saying 'we need better players'.

Bring him home Kenwright

David moyes simply is a better manager than carlo ancelotti in my opinion. I couldn't care less about trophies, something severely lacking by a lot of people is something called perspective. David moyes when at Everton did an unbelievable job, the kind of which hasn't been repeated by 4 or 5 managers since all with a bigger budget.

Carlo is by no means a mug and has done a very good job at most places in his career. But the perspective is that David moves at Everton on his budget was realistically competing with 14 teams to get that 5th place, the 4 above at the time were on a different planet with their budget so couldn't realistically be expected to be caught. David regularly achieved 5th and 6th places finishes. The idea that he's now doing the same at West ham is no fluke, it is further proof of his managerial ability.

The other jobs he had since leaving Everton can not be measured fairly as he simply didn't have any time to stamp his identity on those clubs.

I look at West ham now and see everything I grew up seeing watching Everton under Moyes. Their fans must be so proud of their performances and so confident that they can get a result anywhere. Everton as a comparison are the opposite. We just look terrible and one dimensional.

I will stick by Carlo for the mere fact that we have no other option at this time and it would cost too much to replace him. But I was calling for Moyes before we got Carlo and even started a thread and it got taken down. This kind of proudness from some people calling Moyes a traitor and the like is exactly the reason why we keep finding ourselves in these predicaments.

Its not all been negatives with Carlo but I dare say had we got Moyes instead we would be much much further in our progression towards the top than we are now.

I don't think we have a chance against West Ham next Sunday, unless we improve 100% on our performance against Aston Villa.

You live in the past. Trophies with the best teams in Europe 15 years ago tell you nothing. Watch the football played now. It is the most dreadful in the premier league. Low energy team, low energy manager, and players that are the slowest in the world.

The main thing i worry about is their personalities. I think Moyes has a more determined, strong, get the job done personality, where as Carlo seemingly to me has a laid back approach, that results will come EVENTUALLY, just give me the time to sort it way of thinking. Personally, i would like the " in your face" no nonsense manager at Everton. someone where our players would have nowhere to hide.

Another way of looking at it - I am myself a better manager than Carlo. I will manage Man City, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and a Chelsea. Carlo will manage Preston North End, Everton, Sunderland and a West Ham. The trophies i win says i am, not that i may be unbeatable.

Btw I would take Bielsa over Carlo without question,
I gave up. I could sift to the BS any longer. I hope someone does a better job but here..

Yes, we need better players. But the players we have should have been capable of winning games we've lost at home. While the players have been poor in said matches, Carlo has made mistakes and you can't just keep saying 'we need better players'.
But when you are at home there is much more impetus to have possession.

We basically play at home the way west ham did today. more possession but nothing to show for it up front.

But when you are at home there is much more impetus to have possession.

We basically play at home the way west ham did today. more possession but nothing to show for it up front.
Yeah, and we should be better in possession than what we are, even with these players.

If the results at home are purely on the players, then there's no way Brands should have been getting a new deal.

Each party takes their share of the blame, and each takes their share of the credit.

Won 11 games away from home because of the set up and organisation that comes from ancelotti.
He cant make the average players any better players than they are hence the struggle at home where they have to be more creative and attacking.
Its as clear as glass. Dont know why you're struggling to see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.