2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spud, he did, we were near the drop zone when he came in
League position can be misleading, but looking at the squad he had when he arrived, it needed massive upgrades. We now have a first xi capable of competing with the best teams, because we had a good summer recruitment. Unfortunately, we cannot put that xi out consistently and beyond that we are limited.

Always puzzled me why we were so insistent on Silva.
When we were first interested his record was very good, he had started the season like a train, he had them flying.

I only assume that Moshiri believed the Watford line that we had turned his head and were the result of the massive drop they suffered, sadly the reason was that he was a terrible manager.

No. Tottenham 5-4

Sheff Wednesday before that.

Rotherham before that.
Ah, just the Premier League then.

What a shocking statistic that is.

Doesn’t seem like Ancelotti’s half time team talks have any effect, does it? Be interesting to see how many we’ve conceded at home in the second half in comparison.

Ah, just the Premier League then.

What a shocking statistic that is.

Doesn’t seem like Ancelotti’s half time team talks have any effect, does it? Be interesting to see how many we’ve conceded at home in the second half in comparison.
Apart from the 4 examples you completely overlooked no :coffee:

We've played 16 games at home since October (including cup games) 4 of those games we've scored second half goals. We've won 6 including games against Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham, drawn 2 (one against Leicester), lost 8 including games against Man it's, Man City, Chelsea, West Ham.

Given that the stat I just heard about the defending Champions having not scored at home in open play for 700+ minutes and Man City losing at home today, Chelsea losing last time out 2-5 to West Brom, it may just be that the season home records are a bit skewed.

As an aside, I'm not surprised you missed the second half goal against Palace, you didn't even acknowledge it in the match thread. Plenty of moaning though...

Apart from the 4 examples you completely overlooked no :coffee:

We've played 16 games at home since October (including cup games) 4 of those games we've scored second half goals. We've won 6 including games against Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham, drawn 2 (one against Leicester), lost 8 including games against Man it's, Man City, Chelsea, West Ham.

Given that the stat I just heard about the defending Champions having not scored at home in open play for 700+ minutes and Man City losing at home today, Chelsea losing last time out 2-5 to West Brom, it may just be that the season home records are a bit skewed.
Bloody hell. Not a home goal scored in the second half of a league game in 6 months.

Truly incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.