2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how I picture @GwladysBlue after every game
giphy.gif

Here’s me thinking a manager in £12m a year would have worked out how to change it.
The champions have just lost 6? games on the bounce at Home, the Champions elect have just lost to mid table plodders with 10 men at Home, Chelsea got smashed by a Championship team at home.

For the record they are all Managers on similar wages to Carlo.

So its not really something that can be changed easily it seems, the simple answer would be to have 40,000 fans in stadiums.

You focus far too much on the negatives.

I prefer to look at the positives, wins at Liverpool, Spurs, Leicester, a hard-fought cup game at Spurs, beating Chelsea who was on a 17 game run.

Sadly we have suffered a lot of injuries this season, sure all teams get injuries and its part of football, but we spent 60m a new midfield in the Summer and we still have Iceberg and TomTom playing games for us.

But then the negatives, so, so many negatives, so many results against "poor" teams who we really should be beating, even with injuries.

Its a weird season, home advantage means little, hopefully with fans back next season we can address that issue, of course that means our away results might also take a hit, but with a bit more quality added in the summer and some better luck with injuries than we can look forward to a better season overall.

This season isn't over, but its hanging on by a thread, but, its April, we have some "easier" games coming up and we certainly have the players able, but you would think we cant really put a foot wrong in the remaining games if we want to achieve our goals.

You don't "like" Carlo, you think hes underperforming and not "earning" his dough, I've just given, in your thoughts, a list of excuses, that's fine, hes paid big money to get results, but is you judge him alongside most Everton managers that have come before him, hes performing way above the average.

So here's a thought, maybe see what this season brings, I'm almost certain it wont bring anything, but hey, there's still a few weeks left, get behind the fella.

Then take a look at what happens in the Summer and go again in August/September whenever the season starts, be positive, we reside in a dark place in history, there are pandemics killing 000s daily, wars, famine, mindless violence everywhere we look, smile and the whole world smiles with you.

The champions have just lost 6? games on the bounce at Home, the Champions elect have just lost to mid table plodders with 10 men at Home, Chelsea got smashed by a Championship team at home.

For the record they are all Managers on similar wages to Carlo.

So its not really something that can be changed easily it seems, the simple answer would be to have 40,000 fans in stadiums.

You focus far too much on the negatives.

I prefer to look at the positives, wins at Liverpool, Spurs, Leicester, a hard-fought cup game at Spurs, beating Chelsea who was on a 17 game run.

Sadly we have suffered a lot of injuries this season, sure all teams get injuries and its part of football, but we spent 60m a new midfield in the Summer and we still have Iceberg and TomTom playing games for us.

But then the negatives, so, so many negatives, so many results against "poor" teams who we really should be beating, even with injuries.

Its a weird season, home advantage means little, hopefully with fans back next season we can address that issue, of course that means our away results might also take a hit, but with a bit more quality added in the summer and some better luck with injuries than we can look forward to a better season overall.

This season isn't over, but its hanging on by a thread, but, its April, we have some "easier" games coming up and we certainly have the players able, but you would think we cant really put a foot wrong in the remaining games if we want to achieve our goals.

You don't "like" Carlo, you think hes underperforming and not "earning" his dough, I've just given, in your thoughts, a list of excuses, that's fine, hes paid big money to get results, but is you judge him alongside most Everton managers that have come before him, hes performing way above the average.

So here's a thought, maybe see what this season brings, I'm almost certain it wont bring anything, but hey, there's still a few weeks left, get behind the fella.

Then take a look at what happens in the Summer and go again in August/September whenever the season starts, be positive, we reside in a dark place in history, there are pandemics killing 000s daily, wars, famine, mindless violence everywhere we look, smile and the whole world smiles with you.
But, but, but £12m a year, Brendan Rodgers, booooooooooooooooo.....‘Koff lad

Devil's advocate time.

Klopp or Carlo to take the club forward as we stand at the moment? Based on managerial skills, track record (past and present), and style of football who would you prefer as Everton manager?

I.e. set aside mutant gurning antics and big red affiliation.

Devil's advocate time.

Klopp or Carlo to take the club forward as we stand at the moment? Based on managerial skills, track record (past and present), and style of football who would you prefer as Everton manager?

The answer to that question is quite easy. Based on the history of both managers, I would choose Klopp. Klopp has generally performed far better than expected with his teams, and is based on a style of play that is less dependent on individual players. Here the focus is more on the collective.

Had I been the owner of Real Madrid, I would probably have preferred Ancelotti. Ancelotti has shown that he can handle world-class players with big egos, and is more pragmatic in his approach. Klopp had been a ticking bomb in Real Madrid.

But that does not rule out that Ancelotti can achieve great things with Everton, something I hope he will, and something he will have the chance to prove. But to answer your question, Klopp is the obvious answer to most parameters.

The answer to that question is quite easy. Based on the history of both managers, I would choose Klopp. Klopp has generally performed far better than expected with his teams, and is based on a style of play that is less dependent on individual players. Here the focus is more on the collective.

Had I been the owner of Real Madrid, I would probably have preferred Ancelotti. Ancelotti has shown that he can handle world-class players with big egos, and is more pragmatic in his approach. Klopp had been a ticking bomb in Real Madrid.

But that does not rule out that Ancelotti can achieve great things with Everton, something I hope he will, and something he will have the chance to prove. But to answer your question, Klopp is the obvious answer to most parameters.
Do you think Klopp is an unusual choice for Liverpool? Just curious, they have huge expectations and a history of big name star players. You could argue Ancelotti would have been a better fit over there, on paper.

Devil's advocate time.

I can’t, it’s an interesting question but I simply can’t get over my bias

Do you think Klopp is an unusual choice for Liverpool? Just curious, they have huge expectations and a history of big name star players. You could argue Ancelotti would have been a better fit over there, on paper.
I'm quite surprised Arsenal never made a move for Carlo tbh, i would have thought his experience would be perfect to try and mould all those egos into something resembling a team. Can only assume it was down to money.

I'm quite surprised Arsenal never made a move for Carlo tbh, i would have thought his experience would be perfect to try and mould all those egos into something resembling a team. Can only assume it was down to money.
I did read an article at the time arguing that us and Arsenal had dropped our respective recent managerial appointment strategy, effectively swapping approach.

Us ditching 'promising' managers (they included Koeman in this, lol) for an experienced name. Arsenal the big name for promise. Apparently because the previous approach wasn't working for either club.

Probably just money though.

They are not a big club in the Pl context. Think their median position before Klopp took over was 5-6 place. They also did not have the biggest economic muscles when Klopp took over. It is impossible to say how it would have gone if Ancelotti had taken over, but I do not think he would have managed to copy Klopp.

I think Klopp was a wise strategic choice. He is not just a manager, but a whole package.

They are not a big club in the Pl context. Think their median position before Klopp took over was 5-6 place. They also did not have the biggest economic muscles when Klopp took over. It is impossible to say how it would have gone if Ancelotti had taken over, but I do not think he would have managed to copy Klopp.

I think Klopp was a wise strategic choice. He is not just a manager, but a whole package.
Do you think it was strategic or their board just lucked out?

Status
Not open for further replies.