2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was a pretty well-founded choice, based on a number of parameters and data models. LFC uses a number of data models to secure the best players and coaches, and Klopp was among those who performed far better than expected in their analyzes.

In addition, they got a coach with a clearly defined style of play, and who with less resources could compete with the best teams. This is something investors like. It also makes it easier to get the right players.

In addition, Klopp was also a coach who had thrilled the supporters in the clubs he had been to, and was well liked. But luck, of course, plays a role. Just like in a football game.

I would also like to say that I think Ancelotti is a type of coach who was created to coach a national team.
They must've let the licence expire when the decided on Hodgson and signed Konchesky and Poulsen

I would also like to say that I think Ancelotti is a type of coach who was created to coach a national team.
I totally agree.

His Seria A, Premier League, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Coppa Italia, Supercoppa, Copa Del Ray, FA Cup and three Champions Leagues put him in the same bracket as...

Gareth Southgate, Joachim Löw, Roberto Martinez, Steve Clarke, Stephen Kenny and Ryan Giggs. Winning the UEFA Nations League would eclipse all the above.

I totally agree.

His Seria A, Premier League, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Coppa Italia, Supercoppa, Copa Del Ray, FA Cup and three Champions League put him in the same bracket as...

Gareth Southgate, Joachim Löw, Roberto Martinez, Steve Clarke, Stephen Kenny and Ryan Giggs.
My point is that Ancelotti is known for his man management skills, and is very flexible when it comes to formation, playing style, etc. He is also tactically good in individual matches. All of this suits a national team quite well, where you can not spend countless hours drilling in game patterns, etc.

My point is that Ancelotti is known for his man management skills, and is very flexible when it comes to formation, playing style, etc. He is also tactically good in individual matches. All of this suits a national team quite well, where you can not spend countless hours drilling in game patterns, etc.
Well I would say, perhaps on the basis of his sizeable success, all those traits suit a domestic coach too above because he's been quite successful, hasn't he?

For me, coaching a national team would have been a waste of material because domestic football is clearly his first, best destiny. It still would be.

I think it was a pretty well-founded choice, based on a number of parameters and data models. LFC uses a number of data models to secure the best players and coaches, and Klopp was among those who performed far better than expected in their analyzes.

In addition, they got a coach with a clearly defined style of play, and who with less resources could compete with the best teams. This is something investors like. It also makes it easier to get the right players.

In addition, Klopp was also a coach who had thrilled the supporters in the clubs he had been to, and was well liked. But luck, of course, plays a role. Just like in a football game.

Or....he'd just quit Dortmund and was a top coach that was available? Especially to take over a team that just finished 2nd the previous year? The owners also gave Rodgers a new 4 year deal after that too...

Maybe?

Last edited:
The champions have just lost 6? games on the bounce at Home, the Champions elect have just lost to mid table plodders with 10 men at Home, Chelsea got smashed by a Championship team at home.

For the record they are all Managers on similar wages to Carlo.

So its not really something that can be changed easily it seems, the simple answer would be to have 40,000 fans in stadiums.

You focus far too much on the negatives.

I prefer to look at the positives, wins at Liverpool, Spurs, Leicester, a hard-fought cup game at Spurs, beating Chelsea who was on a 17 game run.

Sadly we have suffered a lot of injuries this season, sure all teams get injuries and its part of football, but we spent 60m a new midfield in the Summer and we still have Iceberg and TomTom playing games for us.

But then the negatives, so, so many negatives, so many results against "poor" teams who we really should be beating, even with injuries.

Its a weird season, home advantage means little, hopefully with fans back next season we can address that issue, of course that means our away results might also take a hit, but with a bit more quality added in the summer and some better luck with injuries than we can look forward to a better season overall.

This season isn't over, but its hanging on by a thread, but, its April, we have some "easier" games coming up and we certainly have the players able, but you would think we cant really put a foot wrong in the remaining games if we want to achieve our goals.

You don't "like" Carlo, you think hes underperforming and not "earning" his dough, I've just given, in your thoughts, a list of excuses, that's fine, hes paid big money to get results, but is you judge him alongside most Everton managers that have come before him, hes performing way above the average.

So here's a thought, maybe see what this season brings, I'm almost certain it wont bring anything, but hey, there's still a few weeks left, get behind the fella.

Then take a look at what happens in the Summer and go again in August/September whenever the season starts, be positive, we reside in a dark place in history, there are pandemics killing 000s daily, wars, famine, mindless violence everywhere we look, smile and the whole world smiles with you.
Wow, thats inspiring. I'm off to tell my cat to be a dog. Wish me luck.

For me, coaching a national team would have been a waste of material because domestic football is clearly his first, best destiny. It still would be.

Doing both worked out well for del Bosque.

Carlo would pretty much have to take the Italy job right after his contract here expires, though. To understate a bit, I don't think Italy has the talent right now that Spain did when del Bosque took over. I don't know that it would be that appealing to Carlo as a capstone.

Did Henry bring the moneyball stuff with him?

Yes, Wall Street guy, brought in Epstein to run the Red Sox the same way.

We Americans are probably more likely to know about that stuff. It was an inescapable part of sports news when it happened, and there's been a lot of virtual ink in our sports media on how FSG does things.

In general, the teams with American ownership get more (and usually positive) coverage in our media, probably because they also own teams here and the outlets are trying to ingratiate themselves for access. When you see negative coverage about Arsenal, it's usually David Hirshey (hilariously) moaning about them.

Excellent vault work. It is quite incredible to think how much his stock has fallen. Don't get me wrong, some of that is the usual hubris of footie fans. But I don't think anyone thinks he is top notch these days.
Genuinely thought if he could get his mental strength and confidence sorted he'd be a top player, he has the ability which is why it's frustrating. We know for a fact on his good days he is actually a very high level player but they've become few and far between and that injury has had an impact despite what some think.

Doing both worked out well for del Bosque.

Carlo would pretty much have to take the Italy job right after his contract here expires, though. To understate a bit, I don't think Italy has the talent right now that Spain did when del Bosque took over. I don't know that it would be that appealing to Carlo as a capstone.

Yes, Wall Street guy, brought in Epstein to run the Red Sox the same way.

We Americans are probably more likely to know about that stuff. It was an inescapable part of sports news when it happened, and there's been a lot of virtual ink in our sports media on how FSG does things.

In general, the teams with American ownership get more (and usually positive) coverage in our media, probably because they also own teams here and the outlets are trying to ingratiate themselves for access. When you see negative coverage about Arsenal, it's usually David Hirshey (hilariously) moaning about them.
Epstein :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

He still needs a few more of his own players. 30+ years of negative mindset to overcome. Even when we were doing relatively well under Moyes we had the knife to a gunfight mentality. HK mk1 took a couple of years to take shape in fact some fools wanted him out but fortunately he was given time. Ancelotti is in a similar position so I hope he is afforded similar time. The man is absolute class and will get us there. He has made a few mistakes this season but so did Ferguson when United were dominant.

Status
Not open for further replies.