2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coleman if tired just stay back and defend Godfrey was lost at rightback with Keen having a mare .....
Coleman was doing well going forward, but with James ahead of him, the right side was vulnerable and they picked that out time and time again. I actually thought the pace and physicality of Godfrey to combat Zaha was a decent swap. The problem was Gbamin going central pushed the Ghost to float outside to the right, and he offered Godfrey even less protection than the unfit James had offered Coleman.

Maybe you can blame Ancelotti for trusting the Icelandic Apparition, but tactically, it seemed like a sound move at the time to neutralise their 1 existing threat in the game.

It backfired, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a good idea with no benefit of hindsight.

Most here backing Ancelotti will be saying that Jose has had his day and they wouldn’t want him here.

Ancelotti is not the manager we should be trusting to build us a team.

He’s failed here and being protected from deserved criticism because of his past achievements.

Is this about James? Because to be fair, even though he took his goal wonderfully, he didn't look fit in the slightest, I'm surprised he lasted 80 minutes. He looked goosed before we even kicked off when he struggled to take the knee. Whether you agree with the gesture or not, it worried me when he looked like he was in pain. Reminded me of Ronaldo before the 98 World Cup Final.

Like I say, he took the goal beautifully, and was literally our best player in possession, but I thought the extra legs would help us and the rest would help him. Unfortunately, Gylfi the ghost stood there with his hands on his hips and figuratively pushed Godfrey under the bus.

There's not an awful lot Carlo can do when you are undone by something so sloppy when the game should be dead and buried.

The squad needs an overhaul, and it will take time. Gambling like we did on the instant fix of the midfield for here and now was a valiant attempt, but we have had terrible luck with injuries that has left us with 3/4s of the same useless midfield we've had for the previous 2-3 years. And while the new signings have each shown at various points the value they add to the side, we have barely been able to field all 3 of them at the same time since we were top of the league in October.

On the James substitution it was noted in the match day thread that he was asking to be subbed off as seen on the TV.

Most here backing Ancelotti will be saying that Jose has had his day and they wouldn’t want him here.

He’s failed here and being protected from deserved criticism because of his past achievements.

oh god sake. He’s failed lol lol lol lol lol god I give up with this forum and its lunatics

He’s not beyond criticism, in case you haven’t noticed people do give him stick when needed but to say he’s failed when there’s still 9 games to play for is beyond ludicrous

Status
Not open for further replies.