2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don't get Europe, he's failed. He's said it himself.

He won't be sacked because of it, but him, Dunc, Davide, Brands, and the players, will have failed, because Europe is the target for this season.

If we don't get it, then we're going to have to sell someone, because we won't have the money to go on and build the squad.

In an ideal world, that's going to be Kean, Iwobi, Bernard etc - but they all are hopefully going to go anyway.

But in a realistic world, Richarlison and Dom are our major assets. The draw to keep them is Carlo, but financially, because of the impact of COVID, we need Europe. It really would be abysmal not to get it, especially given the chances we've had.

That's on Carlo, Brands and everyone involved.
Europa league doesn't make any money. Champions league group stage is where the money is.

Big money isn't the only thing necessary. We have spent big money over the last few years and wasted 70% of it. What gives anyone the confidence 1 transfer window will have us play positive football?

Have Leicester or West Ham spent big money? How poor were West Ham last few years compared to this one? That just proves if you are well coached and work hard with the players you have you can have them play with confidence. That is something Carlo hasn't done. His whole idea rests on the fact that "I am the biggest manager Everton has ever had." And our fan base has put a blindfold to the very obvious signs that have been there for the past 3-4 months.

We'd probably get 2-3 new players, RB being one. Any more than that could mean a disaster in terms of blending them is. So most of the players will be same give or take. What will be the excuse then? You'd still have injuries.

Considering the new stadium I am not sure how much cash we'd have to spend in coming years, combined with COVID losses.

So I am not giving Carlo anymore than 5/10. He his staff and Brands can do one if we are still playing such garbage, uninspiring football. Carlo is not Everton.

I don't get the support for Carlo mate. The home form is awful . I have been at some bad home games including Ipswich 3-0 and Charlton 4-1.
He is getting off lightly as there are no fans.
This is our chance for top 4 with the red [Poor language removed], Tottenham and Chelsea being poor.

Leylo he instructs them players. They don't run or sweat. I don't get the lack of basic energy.
You explain it to me. It's not fitness. It is just poor horrible football.
Come on Dave we've been dross for years mate he's had 4 manager's players to deal with he's only getting started getting his own players in ,yes he might make mistakes but come on we were panicking we might go down after silvas reign got to be patient I know its frustrating but I'm confident he will nail it in time, isn't it progress in itself that were moaning we might have blown a champions league spot instead of saying eh Fulham are on a roll watch are Back here.time mate and patience I'm afraid but stick with it good things will happen I'm sure

Actually as skillful as they are at times you can add James and my favourite Gylfi Siggy to that list as well.

Well yes, but gyfli wasn't signed by Brands so don't wanna include him in that sense.

James - that's the trade of. He's got more quality in his little toe on his left foot than half of our squad put together. He doesn't have that physicality, so you have to compensate. Issue is, our recruitment before last summer just didn't have enough players to make up for it.

Gbamin could've been one, but that's just unfortunate. Doucoure is literally all we have in that area in terms of actual power and stature.

These two in the main two. Because pace and physicality get you far in this league.

I've said it before, it's Brands' biggest failing. He's signed too many players simply not suited to playing in an intense way. Yes, some of them are, but Gomes, Bernard, Iwobi, Delph, Kean etc, not got the energy.
Totally agree, if we had a midfield of three Doucoure type athletes we would probably be a much better team. Gbamin was unfortunate. But Gomes, Bernard, Iwobi, Delph, et al are all too slow and not physical enough for this league. That should be the number one priority this summer pace and physicality. We have progressed despite the terrible home form there are reasons for that including no home crowd, injuries, set up. But if we want to be in Europe every season we need a much better squad. It's no coincidence we lose two key players and we are awful at home.

Come on Dave we've been dross for years mate he's had 4 manager's players to deal with he's only getting started getting his own players in ,yes he might make mistakes but come on we were panicking we might go down after silvas reign got to be patient I know its frustrating but I'm confident he will nail it in time, isn't it progress in itself that were moaning we might have blown a champions league spot instead of saying eh Fulham are on a roll watch are Back here.time mate and patience I'm afraid but stick with it good things will happen I'm sure
I respect your opinion Leylo but I can't accept the home form or tactics mate. At 2-0 tonight the atmosphere at Goodison for the players and manager would of been unbelievable.

We aren't getting top 4.

There's two European comps we're aiming for now - EL and the Conference.

Either or generate more income than not having them. That's the point.
I don't agree. There is no money in Europa. You would probably lose money .
Look at Wolves. 6th and Europa to midtable. They have probably made less being in the Europa this season.

I don't agree. There is no money in Europa. You would probably lose money .
Look at Wolves. 6th and Europa to midtable. They have probably made less being in the Europa this season.
Hahaha ffs

I'm not stating an opinion. I am stating a fact. You can't disagree with factual information.

Is there less money in the EL or Euro Conference than Champions League - clearly. But, if you are involved in an extra competition, you receive money for that. If you do not play in that competition, you do not receive money.

How in the world are you suggesting we'd lose money from being in a competition?

Wolves aren't in the Europa League this season. They got to the quarters in it last season and will have earned some decent extra cash.

Hahaha ffs

I'm not stating an opinion. I am stating a fact. You can't disagree with factual information.

Is there less money in the EL or Euro Conference than Champions League - clearly. But, if you are involved in an extra competition, you receive money for that. If you do not play in that competition, you do not receive money.

How in the world are you suggesting we'd lose money from being in a competition?

Wolves aren't in the Europa League this season. They got to the quarters in it last season and will have earned some decent extra cash.
Ok mate. You look at what Wolverhampton wanderers earned the season they finished 6th then the following season playing in Europa league on a Thursday night and finishing 13th in the premier league.
There is no money in Europa league. You are not going to attract better players playing in it. It is like the league cup. It means nothing.

I respect your opinion Leylo but I can't accept the home form or tactics mate. At 2-0 tonight the atmosphere at Goodison for the players and manager would of been unbelievable.
Yes would have been toxic to a point but that's been the case for many seasons, what about when we beat Chelsea arsenal and Leicester in between away the old lady would have been rocking when we beat all of them. Come on dave if you can't see progress I'm at loss I agree we were grim today but this fella is gonna get us something cup /champions league slot in the future ,do you know a better option I don't

Ok mate. You look at what Wolverhampton wanderers earned the season they finished 6th then the following season playing in Europa league on a Thursday night and finishing 13th in the premier league.
There is no money in Europa league. You are not going to attract better players playing in it. It is like the league cup. It means nothing.
They didn't finish 13th in the Premier League last season?

They finished seventh, while juggling getting to the EL qf's.

They've been hit this year, yes, but they haven't played in the EL this season because Arsenal won the FA Cup so they took that spot, meaning Wolves didn't qualify.

The Europa League does have money in it. But not enough to really push on unless you win it and get to the Champions League.

But, that's not the argument here. The argument is, that the club - through Brands and Carlo - have said that the target is Europe. So clearly, and the club will know more than you on this, they know that any qualification for Europe will be helpful.

It's not even just about money. Getting Europe enables you to have a bigger squad, which if managed correctly, means you actually can attract better players. We got James and Allan despite finishing 12th. If we can get 6th or 7th and a Europa League place, we can get players of similar quality easily, because we have the games to go around. And then, it becomes about being able to push on because you have that squad depth - again, if managed correctly.

It also helps with FFP because you can add another source of revenue.

It's not the end goal, but right now, Europe of some sort is the target, it's the next step. So, they have to get that this season, or it's considered a failiure.

Yes would have been toxic to a point but that's been the case for many seasons, what about when we beat Chelsea arsenal and Leicester in between away the old lady would have been rocking when we beat all of them. Come on dave if you can't see progress I'm at loss I agree we were grim today but this fella is gonna get us something cup /champions league slot in the future ,do you know a better option I don't
Leylo I don't see it mate but I like your optimism.
I thought Koeman was the man so I'm not the expert.

They didn't finish 13th in the Premier League last season?

They finished seventh, while juggling getting to the EL qf's.

They've been hit this year, yes, but they haven't played in the EL this season because Arsenal won the FA Cup so they took that spot, meaning Wolves didn't qualify.

The Europa League does have money in it. But not enough to really push on unless you win it and get to the Champions League.

But, that's not the argument here. The argument is, that the club - through Brands and Carlo - have said that the target is Europe. So clearly, and the club will know more than you on this, they know that any qualification for Europe will be helpful.

It's not even just about money. Getting Europe enables you to have a bigger squad, which if managed correctly, means you actually can attract better players. We got James and Allan despite finishing 12th. If we can get 6th or 7th and a Europa League place, we can get players of similar quality easily, because we have the games to go around. And then, it becomes about being able to push on because you have that squad depth - again, if managed correctly.

It also helps with FFP because you can add another source of revenue.

It's not the end goal, but right now, Europe of some sort is the target, it's the next step. So, they have to get that this season, or it's considered a failiure.
Wake up Bluetoff. Wolves got about 5 million quid from Europa league qualification. That is up to the quarter final stage as well.
No decent player dreams of the Europa league.
You don't attract better players in the Europa league . You play the players like Bolasie who you couldn't sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.