2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you offered Keane, Davies, Siggurdson, Coleman to teams in the top half of the championship most of them wouldn’t want them. That’s the lack of quality Ancelotti is dealing with. He has Richarlison Digne Holgate who he can rely on and then there’s a group of DCL Gordon Mina who can play well when in form. The rest are pretty much either rank out of form or just not good enough.
Fair assessment even with you being very generous to DCL

No point getting angry or knee jerking the problem is clear and obvious with the team and doesn't need repeating, I mean we scored from a long ball from our LB just sums it up.

I think we have been poor in the last two matches yes, but let's take a step back and consider each match in turn.

Liverpool - 3 shots on target, 3 against.

Norwich - 5 shots on target, 1 against.

Leicester - 2 shouts on target, 3 against.

Spurs - 3 shouts on target, 2 against.

Southampton - 4 shots on target, 4 against.

Matches - 5
Points - 8
Goals scored - 4
Goals conceded - 3

"We were dominated every match though lad." :coffee:

Ok mate I’m not going to labour it, Southampton were better than us, Leicester better, Liverpool obviously better, all more comfortable on the ball, better movement, quicker etc...I’m not calling out Ancelotti, he’s working with garbage.

before the break we lost 4-0 at Chelsea. We’ve scraped past Norwich, flattered to a win against Leicester,, it’s not that much of an improvement mate...we’ve looked dreadful too tonight and couldn’t get the ball off Leicester for long periods.

However, we are all in agreement he’s working with crap here.

Yes, we lost 4-0 to Chelsea. But what I am saying is that we have gotten better in every major metric since he took over, regardless of how you feel game to game. You said we haven't improved, we have. But I suspect the ceiling of this team is pretty close unless we can get some decent midfielders in

Ok mate I’m not going to labour it, Southampton were better than us, Leicester better, Liverpool obviously better, all more comfortable on the ball, better movement, quicker etc...I’m not calling out Ancelotti, he’s working with garbage.

I've since also edited that post to show how we've had 17 shots on target and 13 against.

I definitely think it is the players. We don't have a midfield. The options are garbage.

We all got excited about Europe, I think this is why there is fume now. It feels same old, same old. Let down when things get serious.

Doesnt look happy there. Talking about the first half saying we left too much space in the middle and had no control.

He must feel like telling some of them just how bad they are

Apparently Carlo doesn't think we need to change our squad much. I hope he's being diplomatic. I honestly think, bar the bottom 2, we have the worst squad in the league.

It's a minor miracle he is getting points out of this shower. Such a great tactician, he needs funds to reconstruct that midfield or what is the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.