2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

....it was obvious from very early we were getting overrun in midfield yet he did nothing to change it which I thought was a bit odd.
It was indeed obvious. Very disappointing that Ancelotti didn't have a clue how to change things. I thought we were past the times when our managers would just go like for like in our substitutions. But no - Walcott for Bernard!

Ancelotti talks about getting us into the Champions League, it´s the aspiration we want to hear but we are so far away from achieving it I would put it down as one of the best achievements of his career if we get there. For us to do something over the next couple of years we have to be perfect in every single transfer and improve players who have so far failed at this club tenfold. It´s just not realistic.

Seems to have been working for Man U and Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool but considering our u23's have won the title twice we still arent producing anything significant from the academy.

Koeman big sam and Silva combine to destroy the youth setup by refusing to give anyone a proper run. Only injuries and lack of striker force Silva to keep playing DCL and Holgate, and they improve massively after an extended run. We do have talented youth.

One of the problems he has to face is virtually every player here is at the peak of their career,with the exception of maybe Richarlson none of them are going to play for a bigger club,the players we have splashed cash on we have massively over paid,MS and GS would either still be strolling round for Swansea and Southampton or some other below average team,Walcott and Iwobi would be rotting at Arsenal or turning out for Palace or Watford so trying to shift this lot will take some doing
I bet that young Chelsea midfielder, Billy Gilmour, was rubbing his hands before the game when he realised he playing against Sigurdsson and Gomes, must have thought he was playing in the garden against his two grandads.

I bet that young Chelsea midfielder, Billy Gilmour, was rubbing his hands before the game when he realised he playing against Sigurdsson and Gomes, must have thought he was playing in the garden against his two grandads.
Thing is though he isnt blessed with great pace but he was able to use the time and space we gave him very well

The damage done to EFC over the past few years runs so deep that there is no chance of Carlo turning us into CL contenders. The best he might achieve is to make us an attractive upper mid table side position maybe as high as 5th/6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.