2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a job that cant bear fruit for a number of seasons.

It really is Year Zero IMO. There is all but nothing to build on here.
If Ancelotti keeps playing Sigurdsson, Keane, Davies and Bernard he will ruin what is left of his good reputation. These guys are not good enough to play at a high level, even championship would be to fast and physical for them!

Absolving Walsh of any blame at all. Koeman was a disaster, we all know this, but that little goblin faced buffoon blew the money. It wasn’t Koeman that went in and negotiated £45m deals for Sigurdsson and £30m for Bolasie.
Ha Ha Ha. Oh my word. Of course it was. And you can add Schneiderlin, Klaassen, Keane and Pickford in there too.

Walsh was responsible for Gueye, Lookman and Calvert Lewin.

Koeman and Brands have loaded a massive player trading loss on us and we'll struggle under it for years.

Double-Dutch Disaster.

He's here because Arsenal and Spurs fancied other coaches and all other big clubs he'd either done and been let go by (Bayern, Juve, Madrid, PSG, Chelsea and Napoli) or had already got managers in place (ala Dortmund, Atl Madrid, Liverpool, City, Barcelona and United).

There weren't many attractive opportunities open to him. We also made him one of the top 3 best paid coaches in Europe. It's clear why he's here. I think if you're expecting some sort of Abramovich / Sheikh style spending this summer, you're in for a big disappointment.

Ah of course, he's just here for the money. That old chestnut that he'd debunked himself.

Modern football fan hipster logic:

Bad defeat = blame the manager

Good win = credit the players.

What's the result of all this?

We see manager after manager after manager sacked and nothing ever changes. The team remains permanently crap and we're always suffering humiliating results on a regular basis. But hay, so long as you have your scapegoat it's all good isn't it lads..........

Ha Ha Ha. Oh my word. Of course it was. And you can add Schneiderlin, Klaassen, Keane and Pickford in there too.

Walsh was responsible for Gueye, Lookman and Calvert Lewin.

Koeman and Brands have loaded a massive player trading loss on us and we'll struggle under it for years.

Double-Dutch Disaster.

What?? Koeman didn’t do any negotiating hahahaha, what are you on about? He was the laziest man on the planet, could barely be arsed turning up to training 4 days a week. The director of football’s job is to finalise transfers.

What?? Koeman didn’t do any negotiating hahahaha, what are you on about? He was the laziest man on the planet, could barely be arsed turning up to training 4 days a week. The director of football’s job is to finalise transfers.
He provided a list of names and Walsh had to respond to those.

Incredible to me that you think that Walsh had any say so over pursuing Sigurdsson like a drunken sailor.

Oh hello, Dave is back on hijacking duties again.

Looks like we’re now in for another 10 pages on Koeman, Brands, with a liberal sprinkling of Baines and Pickford lol
If I'm defending the boss and someone's lobbing tit grenades in trying to have a go at him by suggesting rank failures like Brands and Koeman aren't to blame for his predicament here, then that needs shutting down.

I have faith in Ancelloti but after the Lpool cup defeat I thought he would absolutely insist on 1 or 2 signings (leader types) in Jan. This group of players have shown time and time again they are guiltless and incompetent away from home.

There needs a radical shift in personnel on the pitch. Almost every position could and should be upgraded. But you can’t do that in 1 sumner window.

I am just surprised he didn’t insist on a vector half and centre mid in Jan.Then look for definite upgrades at Goalkeeper, full backs, maybe centre half/CM and another striker.

Then next Jan and summertry to fill the gaps.

We have a world class manager and a team of gutless 8-12th place Prem scrapers.

If Ancelotti keeps playing Sigurdsson, Keane, Davies and Bernard he will ruin what is left of his good reputation. These guys are not good enough to play at a high level, even championship would be to fast and physical for them!
What....you joking....his rep is totally in tact....His options are so limited....nothing can change till season ends....

Status
Not open for further replies.