2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still mad to see a genuine world class operator on our touchline after some of the jokers we've had masquerading at this club. Wasn't sure at first he was what we needed seeing as we've seemingly had a severe lack of courage and fight at this club for quite some time but on the other hand this will be the first time many in our squad are being lead by a genuine world class manager.

He's seen and done it all. if we can't achieve something under Ancelotti we a re fu**ing cursed.
If you can’t perform for Carlo Ancelotti then you really shouldn’t be playing football. There isn’t anybody with a better CV.

There's two dangers to the 'Carlo project'

1/ he's not backed with cash, or is not given complete control over who is brought in

2/ an elite Euro club realise what an absolute bollock they dropped by not hiring him when Napoli sacked him and swoop for him

If we avoid both of those we will steadily advance and re-take our place at the top table of English football.

1/ he's not backed with cash, or is not given complete control over who is brought in

2/ an elite Euro club realise what an absolute bollock they dropped by not hiring him when Napoli sacked him and swoop for him

If we avoid both of those we will steadily advance and re-take or place at the top table of English football.

We finally get a class manager with credential.

Carlo will take us back to where we belong.

Though I'm excited about what players he will bring in over time, it's his man-management and ability to get more, and in some cases a lot more, from several of the players we have already, that I'm most looking forward to. And this is already bearing fruit.

We have an ok squad overall, no better than that certainly but enough to be in the top half and not have to concern ourselves with relegation at any point. A manager of his quality can ensure that and then we can aim higher.

The difference Ancelotti can make more or less on his own can be immense, it's fantastic the pressure is now eased somewhat with two excellent results, and we go on to City with plenty of confidence.

More than anything though I want to see these levels of effort and endeavour, as well as an ambition to get forward and create chances when we can, maintained not just over the course of the next few games, but every game. If we do that, then we can have a more than comfortable 2nd half of the season and set a platform for the summer and the longer term.

Ancelotti is a top, top coach. Whatever potential is in the squad he will release it.

The difference between having him in charge and the complete joker who preceeded him is like night and day. In hindsight, I can't believe we pursued Marco Silva so agressively. He came up woefully short.

In football its all about timing... Klopp was available when Liverpool were looking...

Only reason we didn't sack Silva earlier was there was no suitable replacement out there... Napoli sacking Carlo just while we were looking was a gift from the gods..

Still hasn't fully sunk in with me that one if not the greatest manager of all time is now ours

If we avoid both of those we will steadily advance and re-take our place at the top table of English football.

Not backing him after we've given cash to the likes of Silva, Allardyce and Koeman would be a new low for this club. I doubt he would of taken the job without some serious financial promises.

Ancelotti needs to be given full control of who he's bringing in and who he wants out. Brands should be acting as negotiator rather than identifying the players. We've been given a genuine chance to achieve something here, for once the chips have fell in our favour and we've ended up with an actual winner at the helm.

Status
Not open for further replies.