2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the positivity. But im still just going to wait and see what happens. Little building blocks are happening. The midfield looks to have been changed from one of the worst i have seen watching Everton to potentialy a very good one.
The current defence i fear will still let us down this season. Esp the keeper.
So still very much work in progress.
Sorry. Here speaks an Everton fan who has picked his teeth up off the floor after mr positivty decided to kick them in when i had the audacity to look forward to something.
100% going in a better direction now though.

I'm happy that our midfield problem is being addressed (and hopefully rectified) but I'm not getting carried away just yet. Let's see how we're doing in 12 to 18 months time; by then Carlo Ancelotti should pretty much have 'his' team out there playing his system. That will be the time to judge; so far though, things appear to be moving in the right direction.

Carlo analysed the team, shook his head on many occasions, and has gone about attracting players this club could only have dreamed about 12 months ago.

Whether it works out or not, he is trying his best.

I hope to finally see a team worthy of Everton football club.

As someone who was lucky enough to start watching Everton in the mid 1960’s I’ve been lucky enough to see the good stuff, and the real bad stuff - but I want this to work out so much for the sake of my lad who saw his first live home game in 1998, and my nephew who “saw the light” four years ago after ten years of his Dad trying to get him to support Leeds!

Last edited:
Who d'ya think he will want to punt? Some may be hard to shift due to wages.
Joyce said they’d listen to offers for Sigurdsson, Bernard, Besic, Delph and obviously want Bolasie and Sandro out the door as well. Suspect we might let Walcott go if there’s a ready made replacement lined up. Could see JJK going. Maybe Lossl as well if the links with Cillessen are genuine.

Joyce said they’d listen to offers for Sigurdsson, Bernard, Besic, Delph and obviously want Bolasie and Sandro out the door as well. Suspect we might let Walcott go if there’s a ready made replacement lined up. Could see JJK going. Maybe Lossl as well if the links with Cillessen are genuine.
I really want us to keep Bernard. He will thrive with better players around him and more space. I know he doesn't get the goals/assists he should, but he reminds me a lot of Pienaar and is a really clever player.

I really want us to keep Bernard. He will thrive with better players around him and more space. I know he doesn't get the goals/assists he should, but he reminds me a lot of Pienaar and is a really clever player.

I like Bernard too, but suppose it comes down to Ancelotti and whether he thinks he has a place in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.