2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
There just can’t be a single club that In the last 20 years hasn’t had a match that won a trophy or clinched promotion. Had a real high.
We just exist. The wallpaper of football.

There have been loads of Toffees who’ve seen the good times (including many on here). Some of the City and Chelsea fans who have had a good ride recently spent years and years in the doldrums.

Keep the faith ;)

VAR, no fans in the ground - if the summer window is a failure I'll be sacking this one off like.

Getting to the stage where its become a chore to watch us.
To be honest given that we won’t be able to get in grounds for part of the season and even if we are finally allowed back in it probably won’t be on a regular basis. I’m happy for this season to be one of gradual and discernible improvement.
Having waited so long for us to start winning stuff I would hate to not be present when it actually happened.
Watching football on telly bears no resemblance to the real thing, none at all.

Well the great man is certainly biding his time with incoming labour. In the end we will get 3 transfers in: 1 will
be on loan, 1 will have an injury that will take until the new year to sort out, and 1 will have a wife that is home-
sick. So by January we'll be in the same boat as usual, but at least we have a lot more to worry about.

I think a lot of Everton fans forget how lucky they are. We haven’t won anything in ages but we’re still one of the most successful clubs in the country.

We’ve got a world class manager and he’ll get time and money to sort us out a bit. Finally looks like we’ll get a new stadium. As rubbish as we are now it’s probably the best situation we’ve been in for years.
"I think a lot of Everton fans forget how lucky they are"
It would do well for the club and it's hierarchy to think that THEY are the lucky ones having such loyal and passionate fans.
Put simply, without them/us, they would nothing.

There is not a chance Carlo Ancelotti has rocked up here to fight for survival, no way. Either Brands pulls his finger out or he will be gone. Not that I think Brands is sat on his hands right now, we're at our lowest point in a long while.

I think a lot of Everton fans forget how lucky they are. We haven’t won anything in ages but we’re still one of the most successful clubs in the country.

We’ve got a world class manager and he’ll get time and money to sort us out a bit. Finally looks like we’ll get a new stadium. As rubbish as we are now it’s probably the best situation we’ve been in for years.
First bit - can’t be resting on laurels though otherwise that won’t remain the case.

Second bit - true enough.

The pandemic has changed so much. I imagine the plan is now to stabilise for a few years, make incremental progress and then look to kick on once the new stadium is ready and, hopefully, crowds are back at games.

If it doesn't work with Carlo I doubt I have the energy to continue myself like.

Supporting Everton drains me.

Yeah that's it. Say we need 3 key ingredients - a great manager, money to build a squad, and the leadership at the top. Normally we've had 1 out of those 3
at any one time in the last 30 years, now we've got 2.5 out of 3 (0.5 cos BK is still here).
also got at least 4-5 good younger players (Holgate, DCL, Richy, Branthwaite, Kean) and 2-3 decent first team players. (Digne, Mina)

If it doesn't work now it never will.

And I can never understand this, why don't we ever have a clever plan like, say RB Leipzig or the Red Bull group (I know I know different league, but at least they had a strategy) or why don't we ever progress immediately at least incrementally, even Seville have this year - they have a new manager and 90% new players in the team and managed a cup run.

I just want to see some improvement and hope please!

Yeah that's it. Say we need 3 key ingredients - a great manager, money to build a squad, and the leadership at the top. Normally we've had 1 out of those 3
at any one time in the last 30 years, now we've got 2.5 out of 3 (0.5 cos BK is still here).
also got at least 4-5 good younger players (Holgate, DCL, Richy, Branthwaite, Kean) and 2-3 decent first team players. (Digne, Mina)

And I can never understand this, why don't we ever have a clever plan like, say RB Leipzig or the Red Bull group (I know I know different league, but at least they had a strategy) or why don't we ever progress immediately at least incrementally, even Seville have this year - they have a new manager and 90% new players in the team and managed a cup run.

I really agree with the bit in bold.

I think we need to be competitive first, by hook or by crook. We can start trying to hoover up the top young talent when we have regular European football to offer as a carrot. The best young players will want to be in the shop window in Europe.

I think we need to be competitive first, by hook or by crook. We can start trying to hoover up the top young talent when we have regular European football to offer as a carrot. The best young players will want to be in the shop window in Europe.

Competitive first, by hook or by crook to me means the players just going out and F'ing FIGHTING for us. FFS just fight, work, run, tackle, pass, fight, shout, shout , shoot, run, run, help, shout, talk, encourage, clap, fight fight...there, team talk done.

Status
Not open for further replies.