2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day both these managers have decided to go to clubs that will hit win percentages in order to prove they are world class managers. They could have waited for the glamour clubs to need them to keep it high and that would make them bad eggs if that sort of thing mattered. For both our sakes we can only hope that those win percentages creep up to their usual standards and when they come to leave the club it's in a better situation than when they took over.

Good thoughts Binman and let's hope it works out for all of us ;).

About Jose, still "World Class." lol, NO.

Before we got him (while he was still at Man Utd,) I thought he was a toxic, old fashioned dinosaur of a manager who was way past he's peak and would never again get a top job.
This turned out to be quite true but he somehow then got the Spurs job, a posistion I thought was bigger and better than he would be able to get.
When he joined Spurs he was obviously told by Levy that it isn't going to be he's normal M.O. of being a cheque book manager/mega money to spend so it's good that Levy will keep him in check regarding buying older expensive signings left behind when he gets sacked in 3 years.
I of course I hope I'm wrong and he does well but I would guess there is a 50% chance that like at almost every club he's managed, it could go toxic?

My overall feeling is he only joined Spurs cos he is old and he is on he's way "down the ladder."

Like above, is it because people are cowards or is it because they so insecure about themselves that they negative Rep's anonymously?

I think it's probably fairer to say that he's still world-class, but no longer a "Special One". The guy still wins silverware, but not the silverware of greatest importance. I would not want to bet against him getting Tottenham a League Cup or Europa, which probably is precisely what Levy hired him to do.

You people who keep giving the Negs anonymously.
It's only you anonymous sad lacking in confidence cowards who actually care about Rep points so carry on giving and I hope it one day makes you feel better about yourself lol

;). I would be very happy with the Europa League ;)
I think it's probably fairer to say that he's still world-class, but no longer a "Special One". The guy still wins silverware, but not the silverware of greatest importance. I would not want to bet against him getting Tottenham a League Cup or Europa, which probably is precisely what Levy hired him to do.
[/Q

I would be very happy with the Europa League ;)

If we go back with more or less the same players as we finished last season's slog with (I'm hoping for many more outgoings and a few midfield singings with a sprinkling of stardust before the window slams shut, but I'm still a bit hungover from last night so please forgive my delusions/unrealistic hopes!) then Don Carlo has to be absolutely ruthless with the imposters in our squad.

I don't care how much we paid for him - I never want to see Iceland play for us again, and would take any player from any positions starting ahead of him in midfield, he's that bad.

Leave the crab to rot in the ressies Don, we will improve markedly on the pitch without him near the squad.

Same goes for Pickford - just bin them to the ressies or buy their contracts out and pie them off.

There are others in last chance saloon - Walcott/iwobi/Tommy D.

Carlos had long enough and gave them many chances to show what they are made of, they have all failed and let him down many times - play the kids and bomb the gash.

If we go back with more or less the same players as we finished last season's slog with (I'm hoping for many more outgoings and a few midfield singings with a sprinkling of stardust before the window slams shut, but I'm still a bit hungover from last night so please forgive my delusions/unrealistic hopes!) then Don Carlo has to be absolutely ruthless with the imposters in our squad.

I don't care how much we paid for him - I never want to see Iceland play for us again, and would take any player from any positions starting ahead of him in midfield, he's that bad.

Leave the crab to rot in the ressies Don, we will improve markedly on the pitch without him near the squad.

Same goes for Pickford - just bin them to the ressies or buy their contracts out and pie them off.

There are others in last chance saloon - Walcott/iwobi/Tommy D.

Carlos had long enough and gave them many chances to show what they are made of, they have all failed and let him down many times - play the kids and bomb the gash.

Iceland should have never played for the club again after Anfield, there’s no chance of redemption for him.

Before we got him (while he was still at Man Utd,) I thought he was a toxic, old fashioned dinosaur of a manager who was way past he's peak and would never again get a top job.
This turned out to be quite true but he somehow then got the Spurs job, a posistion I thought was bigger and better than he would be able to get.
When he joined Spurs he was obviously told by Levy that it isn't going to be he's normal M.O. of being a cheque book manager/mega money to spend so it's good that Levy will keep him in check regarding buying older expensive signings left behind when he gets sacked in 3 years.
I of course I hope I'm wrong and he does well but I would guess there is a 50% chance that like at almost every club he's managed, it could go toxic?

My overall feeling is he only joined Spurs cos he is old and he is on he's way "down the ladder."

Things go toxic for most managers, if the fans and players buy in no matter what they might be surprised. Unless you take a punt on someone he was the very best available for the job. You could get the next up and coming Pochettino, but he could easily turn out to be an AVB. Whether you like him or not personally he deserves time and an open mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.