2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no strong opinions regarding who should manage Everton. Carlo is fine. More than fine.

But I would disappointed if Everton replaced Silva with Dyche or Hodgson. Not because of who they are, but because of the football their teams play. And when Carlo comes in and plays similar football as Dyche and Hodgson teams, the results better be great. They have not been. Not yet.

I care almost entirely about results. Football is about winning. Not about style points. But when results aren't great, style and performance matter. It is better to be number 12 under Martinez than to be number 10 under Allardyce. And until now Carlos Everton have been much more Allardyce than Martinez.

Boring defensive football. On sheer entertainment value West Ham under Moyes have been fireworks compared to Carlos Everton. And West Ham have not been great.

Give Carlo a chance mate. Back him. We will improve. Have faith.

Well they aren't a pub side are they Matthew, that's the point. We have at least two genuinely world class players in Richarlison and Digne. It's a weird sort of mental gymnastics that people perform when they insist we support the players at all costs and then use their perceived uselessness as a firewall to protect the manager's underperformance.

“Two world class players” I will leave it at that you’ve answered yourself lad

Way too early. But I do worry that Carlo (at least his motivation) is done when a club comes for Davide in 12-18 months.

Yes I think there's a chance that might happen. But that might not be the end of the world; I've not seen anything that Davide could do that Duncan couldn't for example. Or we might bring another new coach through under his (rather expensive) tutelage.

As were ours to be fair. Southampton and Bournemouth at home among them.

yep. You can go around in circles trying to prove that ancellotti should of done better with this squad. It’s a load of poo mate. Can’t wait till he has his own team and we’re better all yous slating him now will then kiss his rear. Fickle beauts

I have no strong opinions regarding who should manage Everton. Carlo is fine. More than fine.

But I would disappointed if Everton replaced Silva with Dyche or Hodgson. Not because of who they are, but because of the football their teams play. And when Carlo comes in and plays similar football as Dyche and Hodgson teams, the results better be great. They have not been. Not yet.

I care almost entirely about results. Football is about winning. Not about style points. But when results aren't great, style and performance matter. It is better to be number 12 under Martinez than to be number 10 under Allardyce. And until now Carlos Everton have been much more Allardyce than Martinez.

Boring defensive football. On sheer entertainment value West Ham under Moyes have been fireworks compared to Carlos Everton. And West Ham have not been great.
West Ham points since moyes took over: 20 from 19.

Are they though? I would argue Ancelotti had a lot more quality at his disposal than Burnley.

40 points from 20 games would have been a good return. I just think questions should be asked of 30, especially if we are paying the manager plus his son ~£13m a year combined.

Here is a classic orly’s myth. You demand Carlo to get 4th from the 20 games which you class as a good return while having Sigurdsson and Davies in cm at his disposal.

You are basically saying spending money on staffs must guarantee a CL place return. Get real.

Here is a classic orly’s myth. You demand Carlo to get 4th from the 20 games which you class as a good return while having Sigurdsson and Davies in cm at his disposal.

You are basically saying spending money on staffs must guarantee a CL place return. Get real.

*40 points, which would have had us finish 8th on goal difference. I've literally written it in the post you are quoting.

yep. You can go around in circles trying to prove that ancellotti should of done better with this squad. It’s a load of poo mate. Can’t wait till he has his own team and we’re better all yous slating him now will then kiss his rear. Fickle beauts

I don't there is any need to be offensive here. What would you class as "his own team", by the way? A full eleven of new players?

Mate I want to give you as many ‘like’ as I wish to but unfortunately the function has been taken away.

We now get a class manager in. As fans we must back him because he has a proven cv to take Everton forward. It takes time and new players.

Status
Not open for further replies.