2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been @'d by a couple of people, so I'll just say again - 30 points from 20 games and a final finishing position of 12th isn't good enough. No one was forcing Ancelotti to give Gylfi the armband. Or play Iwobi and Davies. There were alternatives. And yes I do think 20 games is long enough to show some signs of life.

No one is saying "sack sack sack". What a lot of well-reasoned posters are saying is "we should not put Ancelotti up on a pedestal if he does not perform". At the moment, it looks like he is coasting.

Looks like you’ve learnt bravo.

Like who? Are we allowed to sign new players during Feb-July? Or your answer is Beni or some random academy kids?

You were saying “we were hammered at home to Bournemouth in his 20th game. Progress.” Why are you moving the goal post once again?

Looks like you’ve learnt bravo.

Like who? Are we allowed to sign new players during Feb-July? Or your answer is Beni or some random academy kids?

You were saying “we were hammered at home to Bournemouth in his 20th game. Progress.” Why are you moving the goal post once again?

like some on here he’s trying to find excuses to slate Carlos ability with a squad as good as Sunday pub team

like some on here he’s trying to find excuses to slate Carlos ability with a squad as good as Sunday pub team

Are they though? I would argue Ancelotti had a lot more quality at his disposal than Burnley.

40 points from 20 games would have been a good return. I just think questions should be asked of 30, especially if we are paying the manager plus his son ~£13m a year combined.

Mate I ask you a name who can do better than Carlo with this squad you did not answer.

If you think not playing 4-4-2 everything will be fine then good on you.
I have no strong opinions regarding who should manage Everton. Carlo is fine. More than fine.

But I would disappointed if Everton replaced Silva with Dyche or Hodgson. Not because of who they are, but because of the football their teams play. And when Carlo comes in and plays similar football as Dyche and Hodgson teams, the results better be great. They have not been. Not yet.

I care almost entirely about results. Football is about winning. Not about style points. But when results aren't great, style and performance matter. It is better to be number 12 under Martinez than to be number 10 under Allardyce. And until now Carlos Everton have been much more Allardyce than Martinez.

Boring defensive football. On sheer entertainment value West Ham under Moyes have been fireworks compared to Carlos Everton. And West Ham have not been great.

Are they though? I would argue Ancelotti had a lot more quality at his disposal than Burnley.

40 points from 20 games would have been a good return. I just think questions should be asked of 30, especially if we are paying the manager plus his son ~£13m a year combined.

So your questioning his ability, because you THINK we should of accumulated more points? And don’t pass it like Barca? With our PUB side?

I worry - and I don't know if @caliblue agrees - that we have appointed Davide rather than Carlo, essentially. Results and performances hint at this.
Way too early. But I do worry that Carlo (at least his motivation) is done when a club comes for Davide in 12-18 months.

So your questioning his ability, because you THINK we should of accumulated more points? And don’t pass it like Barca? With our PUB side?

Well they aren't a pub side are they Matthew, that's the point. We have at least two genuinely world class players in Richarlison and Digne. It's a weird sort of mental gymnastics that people perform when they insist we support the players at all costs and then use their perceived uselessness as a firewall to protect the manager's underperformance.

Status
Not open for further replies.