2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duncan had the worst run of fixtures possible for a new manager, and he nailed it, he saved this bloke from a worse record than what he has now. 12th.

Nonsense.

Carlo's form alone has us 7th since his arrival and had us top 2/3/4 for some time before lockdown. If you're doing to sput nonsense about CA please back it up.

Oh and we absolutely bottled Arsenal at home under Ferguson, as well as bottling the game away to United. which I dont blame Ferguson for but to say he 'nailed' it after winning 1 in 3, with a lead at United and an awful showing at home to Arsenal....

Ive no doubt that he was promised funds, but what worries me is the landscape has changed since then and he might have now been denied them finances.

Our FFP situation hasn't changed. Only our cashflow. I would imagine since we're backed by a pair of multi billionaires we can adapt to these circumstances. We're pressing ahead with half a billion on a stadium and they're in the mix for more than that in waterside property who's value will be diminished if the club are still rubbish.

These people are serious, it will all be fine.

For me its a 2 year project that requires ultimate backing in each transfer window.

Providing Brands actually does his job our aim should be 7th and a cup run next season

The season after again providing Brands does his job we should then be aiming for a top 6 finish

But both of those are dependent on the owners and Brands giving him the tools for the job.

If not you're looking at 8th-12th at best again.

One thing I can't understand is this

How was Big Dunc able to get crap players to just fight, for 3 games, and then after that nothing ?

This means that the players are really not able to put in a big effort all season - surely they should fight harder for King Carlo - and that they really are positively influenced by the home crowd. So in behind closed doors matches and Away matches we will continue to be rubbish.

I think the choice of Captain is crucial this year, and somehow Richarlison, Holgate, Coleman and Gomes have to be made better leaders (assuming they are all automatic choices when fit)

For me its a 2 year project that requires ultimate backing in each transfer window.

Providing Brands actually does his job our aim should be 7th and a cup run next season

The season after again providing Brands does his job we should then be aiming for a top 6 finish

But both of those are dependent on the owners and Brands giving him the tools for the job.

It can be done over four windows, but I'd expect twice that long.

I hope we spend well, well as in making the right choices, but I don't expect well will mean big.

There is no chatter about to suggest we are going to make the sort of splash that would be needed to do it quicker, like there was when Koeman arrived.

But we can still push the top six with some decent signings.

I think any loftier ambitions are going to take a lot more time and money.

It can be done over four windows, but I'd expect twice that long.

I hope we spend well, well as in making the right choices, but I don't expect well will mean big.

There is no chatter about to suggest we are going to make the sort of splash that would be needed to do it quicker, like there was when Koeman arrived.

But we can still push the top six with some decent signings.

I think any loftier ambitions are going to take a lot more time and money.

I agree that transfer windows will need to help improve the team, but we also need instant improvement from existing players, because we can't faff around at 8th - 10th place until the 4th window from now - Summer 2021, cos in that time we'd also lose a few good players (esp Richarlison)

In the early or pre-Premier league days, there was more of an impact made by coaches and managers, but now it seems like only signings make a difference I hope that as we've invested in a top manager for the first time, his time with the players also makes a big improvement.

I think that's incredibly ambitious. I think we're at least 5 years away and that's assuming we don't make any more massive mistakes.

I think that's incredibly ambitious. I think we're at least 5 years away and that's assuming we don't make any more massive mistakes.

I wouldn't necessarily say that - if we bring in 4 top players each summer thats 8 additions to the starting 11 + Richarlison, Holgate & Digne which ideally would be a great starting 11.

Obviously in terms of competing for top 4 or even higher you then need to add squad depth which is another year or so but in terms of just the top 6/7 Europa spots we should be competing for them providing Brands doesnt buy anymore duds.

Leicester finished 5th 2 seasons into Rodgers tenure, Wolves have overtaken us in 2 years of being promoted, the RS have really pushed on these past 2 seasons compared to the previous 2 at the start of Klopps reign.

But again Carlo has to be backed and the players coming in good enough. If not we have no chance.

Worse than Liverpool, City, United, Chelsea, Southampton, Arsenal, Spurs, Wolves and Burnley. That is 10th.

So every team you mentioned above got more than 30 points out of the last 20 games in last season?

Don’t see what’s the fuss because they aren’t the same fixtures and every season last for 38 games. To project potential results, Carlo will get us like 60 points in a full season.

I wouldn't necessarily say that - if we bring in 4 top players each summer thats 8 additions to the starting 11 + Richarlison, Holgate & Digne which ideally would be a great starting 11.

Obviously in terms of competing for top 4 or even higher you then need to add squad depth which is another year or so but in terms of just the top 6/7 Europa spots we should be competing for them providing Brands doesnt buy anymore duds.

Leicester finished 5th 2 seasons into Rodgers tenure, Wolves have overtaken us in 2 years of being promoted, the RS have really pushed on these past 2 seasons compared to the previous 2 at the start of Klopps reign.

But again Carlo has to be backed and the players coming in good enough. If not we have no chance.
These Leicester and Wolves teams aren't riddled with absolute gash everywhere which is why they're ahead of us, We've shot ourselves in the foot mostly due to Koeman/Walsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.