2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
So every team you mentioned above got more than 30 points out of the last 20 games in last season?
Screenshot 2020-08-04 at 11.36.44.png

These Leicester and Wolves teams aren't riddled with absolute gash everywhere which is why they're ahead of us, We've shot ourselves in the foot mostly due to Koeman/Walsh.

Which is why I said add in 8 starting 11 players to Richarlison, Digne & Holgate our starting 11 would be good enough to compete with said clubs like Wolves and Leicester.

Sometimes I think you dont read my posts properly as you are too keen to try argue a counterpoint for the sake of it mate :coffee:

If he’s not backed, and we start off badly he’ll walk in my opinion.
He won’t be settled here yet and just does not need this hassle in this stage of his life/career
I’ve no doubt he was made promises before signing so I’m optimistic he will get wedge. Can we get the players though?

Which is why I said add in 8 starting 11 players to Richarlison, Digne & Holgate our starting 11 would be good enough to compete with said clubs like Wolves and Leicester.

Sometimes I think you dont read my posts properly as you are too keen to try argue a counterpoint for the sake of it mate :coffee:
What absolute wham are you chatting, I was adding on that Wolves and Leicester have overtaken us because they haven't had to deal with having a squad full of gash players like we have due to horrendous signings.

10th over basically half a season is fine for that squad who got a manager sacked while languishing in the bottom 3.

It was never about last season for Ancelotti anyway. It was about getting comfortably safe as quick as possible (which we did), then playing a couple of younger players (which we did), and then starting the squad overhaul with lots of exits and a few quality additions. We'll have to see how that one pans out.

What absolute wham are you chatting, I was adding on that Wolves and Leicester have overtaken us because they haven't had to deal with having a squad full of gash players like we have due to horrendous signings.

Which was in response to my point that we realistically only need 2 summer windows to compete with them.

We cant keep blaming Koeman/Walsh for our ills - Brands has had 2 summer windows in which as I pointed out is all it takes to take a club who finished below us (Leicester) or a club just promoted (Wolves) to push ahead.

Essentially this current summer is the big one - if Brands screws this up like last summer we face losing Ancelotti and another midtable finish which would be unacceptable.

I know every summer we say 'this is the big one' but I really believe it to be the case this time.

We need a few windows regardless. Stop the comparison of other clubs squads etc. ffs if any of them would of had our mess over the last few years they would be exactly the same. Only blame game is to koeman, Walsh and to some extent Martinez.

Fair enough but like what I said, a season lasts for 38 games. Are you judging our world class manager after 20 games with none of his new players?
A world class manager knows how to get the most out of the players he has available. At this Carlo has failed miserably.

The last few months have been one long Guiness world record attempt. How to fit most square pegs into round holes.

Sigurdsson is a good example. I don't rate him and dont think who should be a starter for Everton, but when used correctly he is a decent footballer. Well above average PL standard. Sigurdsson is a player that has thrived and made a name for himself playing 4-4-2 with the national team. Mostly as a (second) striker which probably is his best position. He does not have the creativity expected from a 10, but he knows how to position himself in and around the box. And he is a decent goal scorer.

Everton hire Carlo and he says to Sigurdsson that he sees him as a number 6. WTF? He is not a ball winner, he does not tackle, he has no pace and is very limited on the ball. And you want him as your 6? 60 yards from the opponents goal?

Sigurdsson was never going to do well as a 6. But the real problem is that with such a limited player in a two man midfield, it is impossible for his partner to shine. Maybe Davies or Gomes could be half decent with the right midfield partner, but next to Sigurdsson it is impossible for them to shine.

I don't think it is fair that the players get all the hate when the manager obviously picks the wrong formation and wrong team. Over and over again. Three and four players out of position.

If Carlos plan is to play 4-4-2 next season and he picked the team he did to show the board that he needs new players, I get it. I don't like it, but I get it. If Carlo picked the teams and formation he did because that maximised Everton's chances to get a result, he is nowhere near world class i 2020.

I hope Carlo turns things around. That he gets the support he needs. But a lot more than the squad needs to improve or Carlo will be gone by christmas.

A world class manager knows how to get the most out of the players he has available. At this Carlo has failed miserably.

The last few months have been one long Guiness world record attempt. How to fit most square pegs into round holes.

Sigurdsson is a good example. I don't rate him and dont think who should be a starter for Everton, but when used correctly he is a decent footballer. Well above average PL standard. Sigurdsson is a player that has thrived and made a name for himself playing 4-4-2 with the national team. Mostly as a (second) striker which probably is his best position. He does not have the creativity expected from a 10, but he knows how to position himself in and around the box. And he is a decent goal scorer.

Everton hire Carlo and he says to Sigurdsson that he sees him as a number 6. WTF? He is not a ball winner, he does not tackle, he has no pace and is very limited on the ball. And you want him as your 6? 60 yards from the opponents goal?

Sigurdsson was never going to do well as a 6. But the real problem is that with such a limited player in a two man midfield, it is impossible for his partner to shine. Maybe Davies or Gomes could be half decent with the right midfield partner, but next to Sigurdsson it is impossible for them to shine.

I don't think it is fair that the players get all the hate when the manager obviously picks the wrong formation and wrong team. Over and over again. Three and four players out of position.

If Carlos plan is to play 4-4-2 next season and he picked the team he did to show the board that he needs new players, I get it. I don't like it, but I get it. If Carlo picked the teams and formation he did because that maximised Everton's chances to get a result, he is nowhere near world class i 2020.

I hope Carlo turns things around. That he gets the support he needs. But a lot more than the squad needs to improve or Carlo will be gone by christmas.

And we're back with our recurring segment "I know more about football tactics than Carlo Ancelotti!"

These players deserve ALL the criticism. Some of them have seen the back of 5 managers now.

I will never give them the benefit of the doubt ever again.

I mean do you even get football and how it works?
a manager, no matter how good he is or his CV can’t make CRAP players superstars or even good ffs. He’s done good to get the points alone with what he’s got, Back him and let him get some windows in and his OWN PLAYERS. And we will be much more better.

I mean do you even get football and how it works?
a manager, no matter how good he is or his CV can’t make CRAP players superstars or even good ffs. He’s done good to get the points alone with what he’s got, Back him and let him get some windows in and his OWN PLAYERS. And we will be much more better.

So the solution is just to spend even more money.

Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.