Manager[edit]
Juventus[39]

Milan[195]

Chelsea

Paris Saint-Germain[195]

Real Madrid[195]
Bayern Munich

Individual

And some of you are questioning him, which is your right, but still. See where we are in 3/4 years. We will never have a more decorated manager in charge. We will however hopefully have better players with better character.

Hell just get Moyes back eh.

Maybe these performances have something to do with some players knowing they don't have Carlo's backing knocking what little stuffing they have out of them.
Then we get a little bump out of them in last three games as they show for potential suitors.
When Digne stopped chasing it was a clear statement - this is where things are at right now and I'm not going to keep busting my guts for it.

I think this collective lack of effort from the players is brilliant as it leaves the board under no illusions whatsoever about the size of the task at hand.

I can't see Carlo agreeing to join us without guarantees of major funds to create his own squad, so that coupled with the recent even worse than usual performances by most of the players makes me quite confident we'll start the season with a much improved squad.

The issue for me is just getting rid of players because that will be almost impossible for many of them.
I'm sure that you are right and that Carlo was assured that substantial funds were available to spend on a rebuild. I suspect that that is still the case
However if the pandemic has changed our financial position and thinking and we no longer have a decent budget for transfers I'm not sure that there is much point ( either from his point of view or Everton's ) in Carlo sticking around.
We might as well just recruit Sean f...ing Dyche give him £5 m to spend and get the same results.
If we are serious about a rebulid Carlo is the best we are going to get but I don't think Carlo would or should compromise his principles and waste his time with these misfits.
The choice is down to Mr Moshiri and Mr Usmanov.

All very well, but he's no Sean Dyche is he?

Manager[edit]
Juventus[39]

Milan[195]

Chelsea

Paris Saint-Germain[195]

Real Madrid[195]
Bayern Munich

Individual

And some of you are questioning him, which is your right, but still. See where we are in 3/4 years. We will never have a more decorated manager in charge. We will however hopefully have better players with better character.

Hell just get Moyes back eh.
I agree mate we have to give him time. I’m just conscious that we are assuming we have the right man in place but he is completely unproven in this type of position and probably not at the right stage of his career for what would be, the greatest achievement of his career to get Everton into the champions league. It’s just like amongst some evertonians, he can do no wrong already. Those last three games have been abysmal and you have to get the players up for it. He’s a top drawer manager and I like him. But everything has to fit. Like Liverpool with Klopp. Similar to what he did with Dortmund really. Carlo could be a bit out of his comfort zone here. Just a concern. And very early I admit.

I agree mate we have to give him time. I’m just conscious that we are assuming we have the right man in place but he is completely unproven in this type of position and probably not at the right stage of his career for what would be, the greatest achievement of his career to get Everton into the champions league. It’s just like amongst some evertonians, he can do no wrong already. Those last three games have been abysmal and you have to get the players up for it. He’s a top drawer manager and I like him. But everything has to fit. Like Liverpool with Klopp. Similar to what he did with Dortmund really. Carlo could be a bit out of his comfort zone here. Just a concern. And very early I admit.
How long did the RS give Klopp?

I think it's a little unfair to say he hasn't been in the position before. He took Reggiana up into serie A in his first season of management. The last 3 games have been massively frustrating, but this is the 3rd manager these players have downed tools for (not all). It is not just down to CA. We have overshadowed it with Silva, Allardyce, Koeman because we thought they were crap. This man is proven, and previous players of his all say his man-management is one of his best skills and yet these players aren't arsed. I imagine as some have put, it is down to them knowing they're gone and being in holiday mode.

CA will need time. We have a poor squad, he can only do so much, just like any other manager. The difference is CA has proven record of knowing what quality looks like and has the pull and respect to do well. He has already shown he is tactically flexible and until teh Wolves game we had looked defensively pretty good, barring maybe Saints, in which with a bit of poor luck could have been worse.

It always takes time. The days of buying a squad and winning the league straight away are gone. Look at Chelsea, they did that but now they cant do it anymore. City took AGES to get it right.

We are all frustrated, but if there is ever a man to trust to sort this squad out, it is Carlo. We will not be able to make as big, and important appointment as this again. This season is always going to be a write off for CA, he's been positive and said the players must target Europe but ultimately that may have always been a step too far, but at least we're targeting something. The positive is that he has 6 months to see who is capable of what, and hopefully the club back him and we make changes in summer.

We arent a nice fanbase are we really?

Look at every single player thread this week.

Not nice people really.
All thats wanted is good football coming out of the Park and pride back in the blue shirt.
How many matches - post pienaar, arteta, cahill and co - have we seen some proper footy been played. 1 hand? And rarely if ever backed up.
Martinez, Koeman and Ancellotti are no mugs.
The question remains - what really needs to change. Then how?

For me as a fan, a love of that blue shirt must come together, at least at times, with the love of good football.

I 'd see Everton get relegated for want of trying than another decade of mid table mediocrity where we are the best at playing badly while keeping up.

Things have to change. The tree has to be shaken, good and proper like.

I think it's a little unfair to say he hasn't been in the position before. He took Reggiana up into serie A in his first season of management. The last 3 games have been massively frustrating, but this is the 3rd manager these players have downed tools for (not all). It is not just down to CA. We have overshadowed it with Silva, Allardyce, Koeman because we thought they were crap. This man is proven, and previous players of his all say his man-management is one of his best skills and yet these players aren't arsed. I imagine as some have put, it is down to them knowing they're gone and being in holiday mode.

CA will need time. We have a poor squad, he can only do so much, just like any other manager. The difference is CA has proven record of knowing what quality looks like and has the pull and respect to do well. He has already shown he is tactically flexible and until teh Wolves game we had looked defensively pretty good, barring maybe Saints, in which with a bit of poor luck could have been worse.

It always takes time. The days of buying a squad and winning the league straight away are gone. Look at Chelsea, they did that but now they cant do it anymore. City took AGES to get it right.

We are all frustrated, but if there is ever a man to trust to sort this squad out, it is Carlo. We will not be able to make as big, and important appointment as this again. This season is always going to be a write off for CA, he's been positive and said the players must target Europe but ultimately that may have always been a step too far, but at least we're targeting something. The positive is that he has 6 months to see who is capable of what, and hopefully the club back him and we make changes in summer.
There is a case for his experience with Reggiana but we are talking about a completely different person doing a job 25 years ago. I could never do the same job that I did ten years ago, never mind that time. People evolve and I’m not saying He’s not the right man for the job. All I’m doing is saying that 90% of Everton fans have basically assumed that he’s perfect for the job right now. In reality, his previous jobs have been nowhere near this type of role/club and he is at a stage of his career where the likelihood is, he is probably not as hungry as he once was. David Moyes was a very good manager for Everton but he is now deemed a has been. At Everton, he was hungry, ambitious and that passion shines through to the players. Right now, no matter what he says, he is so proud of his time at Everton, he expects his teams to have respect for him rather than be a part of his future successes. Sven, capello, van gaal, all had great resumes but now they’re past it. I’m not saying CA is, I’m just pointing out that he shouldn’t be worshipped before doing anything

Status
Not open for further replies.