2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he'll be excited by this the man has already had pre built squads ready made for him for a long time, Now at this junkyard of a club he's pretty much going to have to build it from the Richarlison ground up which probably excites him when you've nearly won everything, He gets to add his touch his players his way of playing without any Football diva's giving him chatty back.

Ancelotti seems to be very confident of being backed in the transfer window because there’s no way he’s doing anything remotely close to challenging for the CL places with our current squad.

Pipe down Nigels.

He hasn't done a Bobby and promised us Champions League, he's just said he's gonna try.

Personally don't think we are miles away, sure we have been terrible in some games, but not many games have we been blown away, 1 goal more, 1 goal less in some games and we could have an extra 20 points. Yeah every team can say the same, but I think there are fine margins at this level of football and finding players and having a manager able to find them is key.

I think we as fans have certain choices every season.

We can look back at the last 25 years and think "Yep, here we go again" or we can "dare to dream"(Vomit).

Im a dreamer, I dream every summer, we spend a very small period of time on this Earth, why waste it by thinking only bad things.

I could still be cajoled into having a bit of optimism. Just need to net spend about £100m on 5 new players who walk straight into the first team.

Either way, we both experience the same result. We can all hope one of these times soon we'll get it right. I just don't expect it. Hurts less that way.

I could still be cajoled into having a bit of optimism. Just need to net spend about £100m on 5 new players who walk straight into the first team.

Either way, we both experience the same result. We can all hope one of these times soon we'll get it right. I just don't expect it. Hurts less that way.

The disappointment when it doesn't happen isn't new.

Its quite easy to cope with after this long.

Pipe dream. This time next year it's more likely there'll be a debate about his future at the club than us being in the Champions League. For it to be any different we have to get it perfectly right with every transfer and hope all the other teams around don't.
We're about 3 quality players away in my opinion. It's not impossible but many clubs are probably in a similar boat.

The plus point of the last two games (and the last 30 mins vs. Leicester) is that he'll have seen through a few of these.

The way we are playing now is not the way we were playing pre lockdown. Against Palace back in February we scored three goals and had 15 attempts. In March we would have beaten united but for a poor decision from the VAR. We were creating chances and scoring goals. The defence was the issue, conceding 2 in in jury time to Newcastle, giving Watford a free pass in the 1st half. The Chelsea game was, of course, abysmal and we haven't looked nearly so dynamic since.

Anyone else worried that if the club don’t back / can’t back him (due to FFP) that he might walk?

No. Because without concrete assurances of backing he wouldn't be here. The FFP situation hasn't changed since he arrived.

This of course assumes there will be some relaxation of it due to clubs having 0 matchday income for half a year. But that's the same for every club.

There must be funds available without the worry of FFP, we have just signed a new kit deal, new shirt sponsor, new sleeve sponsor (soon), a deal for first dibs on naming new stadium.

That all must boost the transfer kitty this summer, right?

There must be funds available without the worry of FFP, we have just signed a new kit deal, new shirt sponsor, new sleeve sponsor (soon), a deal for first dibs on naming new stadium.

That all must boost the transfer kitty this summer, right?

We're a club owned by one of the world's richest men and his accountant. If they can't find a way to invest in this climate and bend FFP to it's maximum then who can?

It's too early on a saturday morning for your head to be falling off. Take a deep breath, have a cup of tea.

We're a club owned by one of the world's richest men and his accountant. If they can't find a way to invest in this climate and bend FFP to it's maximum then who can?

It's too early on a saturday morning for your head to be falling off. Take a deep breath, have a cup of tea.

My heads firmly on mate, just thinking out loud on here and hoping someone might confirm or answer my thoughts or just start a chat about my thoughts.

Will take your advice on a cup of tea though.

Status
Not open for further replies.