2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo needs time to get his ideas across to the team and implement his tactical system.

Carlo needs time to assess which players can adapt to his system and have the necessary quality.

Carlo needs money to address gaps in the squad and bring in players who fit the tactical system better and/or have improved quality.

Carlo needs patience and support from the fans whilst he begins the slow building process that will have as many downs as ups along the way.

In summary, Carlo needs time, money and patience. probably a bit of luck too if he's going to be successful here (Top 6 in the next season or 2 would be viewed as success in my book).

Difference there mate is Holgate had a successful loan last season and played lots of League football.

I think a shift in formation will be required on Sunday, rather than just dropping Beni to a midfield two. We clearly look better with a more packed central midfield.
I agree, but even in a midfield 3 you need someone to play DM. Davies, Gomes and Siggurdson can't do that. Unsworth says he's too good for u-23 football. Just give him a go. If it doesn't work, fine. But I'd be surprised if he's worse than Gomez was the other night.

Literally the only stat I quoted is that we have conceded at less than a goal a game since the restart. My eyes tell me we're defending well, we aren't giving up lots of major chances. Pickford isn't getting peppered with shots. If you disagree, no problem. I don't know everything about football, far from it. Your mileage may differ, but I maintain our defence has been good since we came back.

Another stat would be that the only change Ancelotti has made to that back 4 since the restart was forced on him by Holgate's injury.
To be honest, the fact that our attacking threat is so bad and the insistence on keeping shape (there is very little running off the ball from any of the midfield four) means that I would expect us to defend better. It’s very clear that ancelottis tactics so far are about giving very little away. This is a hindrance it seems to everything else but it’s no doubt his priority. We can applaud giving minimal chances to the opposition but I doubt Tottenham fans are applauding Mourinho now for doing similar.

The great thing about Carlo is he's tactically adaptable. We suffered for so long with managers who persisted with their 'system' even though everyone else in the world could see the turgid results week after week. Big test now is his recruitment - he's shown (like anyone ever doubted) that he's tactically astute so the next step is to be astute in the transfer market and to bring in a few players with the quality to really open up the options tactically for him. Fingers crossed.
His game management is very good.

Its great to read that but it feels a bit detached from reality when you look at the players at his disposal.

Pipe dream. This time next year it's more likely there'll be a debate about his future at the club than us being in the Champions League. For it to be any different we have to get it perfectly right with every transfer and hope all the other teams around don't.

Its great to read that but it feels a bit detached from reality when you look at the players at his disposal.
Pipe dream. This time next year it's more likely there'll be a debate about his future at the club than us being in the Champions League. For it to be any different we have to get it perfectly right with every transfer and hope all the other teams around don't.

Pipe down Nigels.

He hasn't done a Bobby and promised us Champions League, he's just said he's gonna try.

Personally don't think we are miles away, sure we have been terrible in some games, but not many games have we been blown away, 1 goal more, 1 goal less in some games and we could have an extra 20 points. Yeah every team can say the same, but I think there are fine margins at this level of football and finding players and having a manager able to find them is key.

I think we as fans have certain choices every season.

We can look back at the last 25 years and think "Yep, here we go again" or we can "dare to dream"(Vomit).

Im a dreamer, I dream every summer, we spend a very small period of time on this Earth, why waste it by thinking only bad things.

Status
Not open for further replies.