2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Madrid and Barca literally must write it in their player and manager contracts that you must fiddle the numbers whilst with them

Only €1mil allegedly...

I believe they will accept the funds to close the case unless he wants to fight it.

Isnt that what others have done?

Only €1mil allegedly...

I believe they will accept the funds to close the case unless he wants to fight it.

Some of them have accepted sentances and paid up - under Spanish law; if you are a first time offender with a sentence of two years or less it is automatically suspended, so worst case scenario would still have practical impact

Only €1mil allegedly...

this image rights issue with tax has occurred to almost every high profile football person that spent time in Spain. I think there were some changes in the interpretation of the law 5-6 years back that started to get people into legal issues

If he's genuinely on board with adding two or three players in the summer, and continuing to sit deep and wait for opportunities to knock it long it to Calvert-Lewin, this team will be lucky to finish in the top half next season.

....like most, I feared we’d struggle but I was very encouraged by how he set his young team out yesterday. A bit more threat from wide positions and we could’ve got them really worried.

i do have an annoyance, though, with the persistence in playing the ball across the back and short goal kicks. Inevitably we put pressure on ourselves playing a risky ball into midfield and eventually belting it clear.

When we have two willing and effective runners up top, I think it would’ve been better getting the ball into the channels and turning their back four.

Good points.

....like most, I feared we’d struggle but I was very encouraged by how he set his young team out yesterday. A bit more threat from wide positions and we could’ve got them really worried.

i do have an annoyance, though, with the persistence in playing the ball across the back and short goal kicks. Inevitably we put pressure on ourselves playing a risky ball into midfield and eventually belting it clear.

When we have two willing and effective runners up top, I think it would’ve been better getting the ball into the channels and turning their back four.
I thought we mixed the short/long goal kicks up well. More than normal in fact. If it I punted up all the time it gets predictable but `I saw them drawing the RS attackers into cutting out a short ball then we hoofed it.

Good points.

To be honest it's pretty clear why he didn't do this. They've got the most aerially dominant CB in the game at the moment, so kicking the ball at his head is a bit daft. You are also kicking it to their fullbacks, one of whom has nearly 20 assists for the season. And it ignores Digne and Holgate who are two of our most competent ball players.

Unless people thought getting the ball to Iwobi or Gordon ASAP is a good tactic :Blink:

This tax thing in Italy is no different than what has happened in the UK.

Previously perfectly legal tax planning schemes have been retrospectively revisited when the tax authorities have had their powers improved. All stemmed from the bank crisis, (remember that!), and it means, that technically, the HMRC could come after you if they thought you paid too much into a pension.

Most of the footballers in the UK have been done for investing in film ventures that Gordon Brown introduced. If a film made a loss, you can have a tax write down.

The rest of Europe thought that to be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.