2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did not like his interview with the bbc after the game. Comparing the experience last night with what happened to him against liverpool in the final of the champions league is not good enough. For me there is a huge difference between the 2...one you're facing much better team than the Newcastle team last night...second you change the direction of the match by changing the wrong players and becoming super defensive when we were not only controlling the match but creating many opportunities to score more. Went down in my estimation as he should have said sorry I got it wrong and it will not happen again.
When has a top manager ever admitted to getting it wrong? The likes of Ferguson,Pep,Shankly,Kendall etc would never do it,they may think it in private but they will never admit it publicly as it’s a sign of weakness and winners never admit their weaknesses. Not even he could have foreseen the amount of ineptitude shown by those players in the last couple of minutes.

Calling it early but I was all for dunc til the end of the season. We have a proven winner who deserves time. Why don’t I feel entirely happy???? Can’t put my finger on it. I loved him at Chelsea and real: top bloke. Just doesn’t feel Everton so far

Just keep telling yourself your feelings are stupid.

None of this driving Ancelotti out.

Can it now, for all of our sakes.

He’s protecting probably the most fragile group of players in the league with his comments, obviously not nice to hear but i’m sure he knows a rallying cry would fall on deaf ears

Did not like his interview with the bbc after the game. Comparing the experience last night with what happened to him against liverpool in the final of the champions league is not good enough. For me there is a huge difference between the 2...one you're facing much better team than the Newcastle team last night...second you change the direction of the match by changing the wrong players and becoming super defensive when we were not only controlling the match but creating many opportunities to score more. Went down in my estimation as he should have said sorry I got it wrong and it will not happen again.
He's Italian they always make defensive subs late on to see out games. The issue is our braindead spineless players can't manage and see out a game they haven't done it under various managers, this happened under Silva too. Yes the subs didn't help but barring putting Gordon on instead of Niasse how many choices did he have?

Part of why the Kopites are so, so successful currently is that they are utterly unified behind Klopp.

If we can't get behind Carlo Ancelotti as our manager because of our toxic elements, then the whole thing is pointless.
Yeah will take time under Carlo. Was the same for Klopp he came in October and had bad results. But I’m 100% behind Carlo and we all need to be because if we can’t with him then we will never be with anyone.

His two interviews were terrible, "just on of those things that happen in football", he seemed almost slightly amused. It's all happened before (he told the naive reporter). No Carlo, you proved to be incompetent and now arrogant. Everton ceased going forward once Kean and Bernard were withdrawn, We lost our shape which had Newcastle well beaten throughout the game. You pressed the button and we retreated and let the worst Newcastle side seen here in years to have the ball. Utterly foolish, naive and purposeless substitutions made by the great Carlo, replacing two key effective front players with incompetent defensive players. You are not a great manager, just another expensive occupant of the managerial chair. Sort yourself out Carlo or the fans will turn on you faster than you can imagine. It was a slap in the face for a near full house. This has nothing to do with inheriting a crap squad. Your first choice had them well beaten, so why change with a 10 day break ahead? Tongue in cheek I asked the club for a refund, they politely declined. Maybe Carlo should pay.

Yep. How can some fans blame his subs? He doesn’t tell Davies to foul does he? And then they defend like under 11s. Ffs the players should of seen the game out them selves it’s not hard to do is it? Oh wait it’s the managers fault. All you cry asses who are blaming him, coz we dropped 3 points, he’s been here a month, and we’re already Better. Wait till he has his own team and all our first players fit this guy will really show what us can do. Keep the faith the good times are coming back lads.

Agree

Last night was a combination of lack of quality in the squad, a still fragile mentality throughout, and shitty footy fate.

How many times do you need telling? Absolutely no big team with ambition gives sole transfer responsibility to a manager, every club has a DoF working with the manager on signings. The last incumbent to be given sole responsibility landed us with a player we still cannot shift who shouldn’t have been signed in the first place
Yes but there is a wold of difference between 1) Ancelloti giving Brands a list and rasing an eyebrow and saying `I must have a class CB and CM'. and
2) Marco - saying exactly the same thing.

In scenario 1) Brands will do what Ancelloti has asked or he will be out of the door, but he knows he is basically just there to sign cheques and do that nonsense short to the players mum garbage.
In scenario 2) He basically ignores Silva and does buys who he wants.

Scenario 1 is infiniately better and basically means get rid and pay someone 200k a year to liase with agents and someone 50k a year to see over the cheque signing.

I think this is the thing though Mac.

People seem to be saying others are excusing the players because the subs are bad.

It's not that at all. It's all on the players not seeing that out.

But... the subs didn't help and only made things worse because they were pretty crap changes.

And given how good Carlo Ancelotti is, I'd expect better, even with the options at his disposal.

Spot on,Toff.

The subbing of Oumar and Davies for Walcott and little Bernard respectively I can understand within the context of the game.

It was replacing a striker, Moise, with a full back, Seamus, which baffled me.

The Barcodes were hopeless, they couldn’t lay a glove on us.....with nineteen minutes left on the clock.

I was looking forward to hammering home our advantage with another goal or two.

Instead we ended up with three full backs on the pitch.

Calling it early but I was all for dunc til the end of the season. We have a proven winner who deserves time. Why don’t I feel entirely happy???? Can’t put my finger on it. I loved him at Chelsea and real: top bloke. Just doesn’t feel Everton so far

It doesnt feel everton because we usually hire losers

Status
Not open for further replies.