2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reaction, which is understandable from a supporters view to last night, is completely the opposite from that of Carlo. I have no doubt that he will look at last nights result in the cold light of the day and assess it as what was effectively a good performance spoiled by a few minutes of madness. The gnashing of teeth about spineless players is a reaction you can expect from us as supporters but I wouldnt put all the players last night in the same bin. The mistakes were down to a few individuals - Davies and Dignes inability to clear their lines, Delphs inability to try and keep the ball after the first goal rather than lashing it upfield, Davies inability to realise giving away any freekick within launching distance of our goal is a stupid thing to do and finally our England goalies inability to control and boss his 6 yard box. Poor from a few players but lets not forget that last night up to that mad few minutes was a massive step forward in the overall performance of the team.

Mate... He's on £9m a year and has won three Champions Leagues.

He should not need half a season to realise Oumar Niasse isn't needed at the club, ffs.
The squad is short as is it though, we have to rotate even if the players we are rotating into the side are dreadful. We cant afford any more injuries so can understand why he is trying to keep as many of the first team fit and firing. At 2-0 up with literally a minute left we should be able to expect any 11 on the pitch to see the game out. His subs didnt work but can understand why he made them. Main thing is the players he brought on clearly are not up to task.

I really don't think it's 'blaming' him though.

End of the day his team has thrown away a two-goal lead in 90 seconds.

Regardless of anything else, they all take collective responsibility. Every single person involved.
I’m not saying he’s completely blameless but Experienced pro’s like Digne/Delph should be screaming at the players to keep the ball after the first goal! It’s not bleedin hard when we’ve just done it for the 93 previous minutes with ease.

Niasse is not good enough. But we needed a forward and I'm not sure Gordon is a forward.

None of the subs had the slightest impact on the errors we made. Both are largely the goalkeeper's fault. I cant understand these arguments because unless Niasse told Pickford to mess up twice then I'm not sure how he can be blamed.

Pickford could and should have done better with both the goals! But the fact is Davies had a big part in both their goals, in fact the second he had two flippin’ parts! Davies does his job even half decently the ball doesn’t get anywhere near the eighteen yard box never mind Pickford!
As for Niasse he is just a truly awful footballer, why he even came on last night is beyond me!

Ancelotti has been complimentary of the players' talents since he arrived. That may or may not be diplomacy. But what he knows now for sure is that these players bought for Everton in the last few years of big spending have not been scouted in terms of the all important mental fitness to be at a club with a certain level of expectations like Everton.

Quite frankly, he'll be shocked. He'll wonder how fast he can get on top of this, and he'll be considering right now who among the squad he believes has the mental strength to remain here as much as retaining those for their football ability.

Every penny has to be handed over to him and only him. The signings in the recent past have been terrible, not only in terms of talent, but also character-wise.

I'm 100% sure this manager wont be allowing anyone other than himself to buy players.

He’s making the fatal mistake of believing these players are capable of switching formations and tactics in the middle of a game. Unfortunately Carlo they’re not, they’re all crap and thick, keep it simple for them. They’re not the standard of player you’re used to working with.
This is it in a nutshell. Yes the players should be able to see it out, but they can't. And he should have seen that by now to be honest. They couldn't do what he wanted in the derby and they lost it after the subs against Brighton. That's why he's partly responsible.

I really don't think it's 'blaming' him though.

End of the day his team has thrown away a two-goal lead in 90 seconds.

Regardless of anything else, they all take collective responsibility. Every single person involved.
Exactly. It's absolutely mental seeing people talking about fans turning on him and doubting him and whatever. I'm absolutely not doing any of those things, i'm just saying he is partly responsible for what happened. I just have no idea why everything has to be so black and white for some people. it's really not helpful. People don't have to be heroes or villains, you can criticise someone and still think they're great, you can say someone had a good game without changing your opinion on their overall level. The way some people swing from people being infallible to being awful is frightening.

The only glimmer of hope on this season, with everything seeming to go wrong for us coupled with everything going right for the RS who we unfortunately have to live and work with on a daily basis is that Carlo Anchelotti is in charge of Everton now, just get this season done and let the rebuild start

I thought our style was good last night, moving the ball quick and attacking, getting shots away, it's a positive sign of Anchelottis football

Ancelotti has been complimentary of the players' talents since he arrived. That may or may not be diplomacy. But what he knows now for sure is that these players bought for Everton in the last few years of big spending have not been scouted in terms of the all important mental fitness to be at a club with a certain level of expectations like Everton.

Quite frankly, he'll be shocked. He'll wonder how fast he can get on top of this, and he'll be considering right now who among the squad he believes has the mental strength to remain here as much as retaining those for their football ability.

Every penny has to be handed over to him and only him. The signings in the recent past have been terrible, not only in terms of talent, but also character-wise.

I'm 100% sure this manager wont be allowing anyone other than himself to buy players.
I don't think that is going to happen, nor should it.
This is exactly what we are trying to get away from by giving large amounts of money to managers who purchase players they want , the manager then leaves the club and we are left with a group of players some of which the new manager has no use for.

This is the reason we have such a large stock of unwanted players.

CA is unlikely to stay at Everton for a very long period and we have to work at buying players that are still wanted after he leaves.

The manager knows by now what he wants and what he needs. He will have gone to the DOF with a list of certain specific players I am sure but also a list of the type of player he wants.
We all now the weak points in the team and in my opinion more than anything we need to buy leaders for the team as they are sadly missing in my opinion.

You seem to have the idea that it is CA versus MB whereas the reality is that it is them working in tandem. CA is a vastly experienced and successful manager, nobody would think that his opinions and wishes will be ignored and players that will be brought in will be to fill the gaps he has identified.
But, I think MB will be coming to Ancelloti with a list of players as well and each player will be discussed and decided on by both.

I admire Ancelotti for essentially giving the group of players more than enough chances to showcase there talents in terms of being in his plans for next year.

I genuinely think he's planning a big summer and needs to see who out of this current lot are going to join him.

He clearly is very good at managing egos and knows he needs some level of performance out of these horrors to ensure we remain in the division.

Win last night and we'd have been 7 points off 4th for gods sake.

I see a man with a plan, tactics and improvements which don't feel like they are built on sand. He carries an air of authority and this will stand him in good stead.

I think Everton fans will need to get used to his pragmatic, logical approach I. E defender on for attacker seeing games out etc. It's won him countless trophies.

The only glimmer of hope on this season, with everything seeming to go wrong for us coupled with everything going right for the RS who we unfortunately have to live and work with on a daily basis is that Carlo Anchelotti is in charge of Everton now, just get this season done and let the rebuild start

I thought our style was good last night, moving the ball quick and attacking, getting shots away, it's a positive sign of Anchelottis football
Ye but which ancelotti. That's like spurs saying they have mourinho and referencing what he did in 2005.

People say Ancleotti wants a clear out etc.

I wouldn't bank on it - FFP and Brands/Kenwrights lack of decisive actions means I cant see more than 2-3 players in the door at most in the summer.

The board will just be praying Gomes and Gbamin come back from injury okay & that they can sign a RW & CB and that be it imo.

Exactly. It's absolutely mental seeing people talking about fans turning on him and doubting him and whatever. I'm absolutely not doing any of those things, i'm just saying he is partly responsible for what happened. I just have no idea why everything has to be so black and white for some people. it's really not helpful. People don't have to be heroes or villains, you can criticise someone and still think they're great, you can say someone had a good game without changing your opinion on their overall level. The way some people swing from people being infallible to being awful is frightening.

I know mate

Like, for example, I was actually very impressed with Schneiderlin yesterday. Thought he played well, especially with a complete non-entity next to him in Delph (who did do some good in a short period but overall imo was poor... again). That doesn't mean I dont want Schneiderlin punting at the earliest possible opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.