2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're emotional. I get it. The statistics are damning. But to say you're done! Cmon. It's not like we have a choice when it runs in ur blood! Go take a drink. Sleep it off. Tom you dust urself off and face the music at work...

We r Everton. COYB

Yep you’re right of course, but I mean this if I could just press a button to remove my feelings about EFC I honestly would. They’re just a dirty big anchor we all carry round with us all our life.

I'm absolutely buzzing he is here.

BUT...

You know the doubts that people had. Y'know, those journos who suggested maybe, just maybe, he wasn't quite the right fit? Yet everyone jumps down their throats?

We can all rightly blame the gutless players and Ancelotti sure didn't tell them to perform like they did.

But he got it massively wrong today. From the line up to the subs to the in-game tactics.

Doesn't mean I'm turning on him already. But there were doubts - and reasonable ones. I think in the last two games - games which on form and all things considered with today's Liverpool team, we should reasonably be getting stuff out of - we've got nothing.

Yeh, I'm glad it's shown how bad the squad is (Marcel Brands, you're a lucky boy) and the players in general being craphouses. But doesn't excuse a manager who has won everything in the game not seeing simple stuff, either.

nah

wouldnt be arsed even going down that line of thinking until we’ve punted half this utter mess of a squad

the CM had most of the experience in the team and were disgustingly bad.

I wont be over analyzing that horror show and worrying about what he could have done better or might have done wrong.

he is working with seriously flawed players in all positions.

Gylfi can really GTF. I don’t know why’d you bother posting this POV right now when the manager is by far the most positive thing around our crap club

It was mate but he can only work with what he has yes he could of made a few alterations but did he ask holgate to give the ball away every time he had it, did he have anything to do with sidibe looking like he had 3 legs and one was getting in the way did he say to them do us a flavour lads go out there and don't look interested.

...individual performances were woeful, but I have no idea why he played 2 up front yet the back four tried to keep possession. They looked weakest at the back, surely we should’ve gone back to front quicker. Instead we surrendered possession in their top third where we were outnumbered and chasing shadows. We couldn’t get out of our half.

We continued doing it, Ancelotti didn’t change it.

BUT...

You know the doubts that people had. Y'know, those journos who suggested maybe, just maybe, he wasn't quite the right fit? Yet everyone jumps down their throats?

We can all rightly blame the gutless players and Ancelotti sure didn't tell them to perform like they did.

But he got it massively wrong today. From the line up to the subs to the in-game tactics.

Doesn't mean I'm turning on him already. But there were doubts - and reasonable ones. I think in the last two games - games which on form and all things considered with today's Liverpool team, we should reasonably be getting stuff out of - we've got nothing.

Yeh, I'm glad it's shown how bad the squad is (Marcel Brands, you're a lucky boy) and the players in general being craphouses. But doesn't excuse a manager who has won everything in the game not seeing simple stuff, either.
We had 3 easy goals and wasted them all, Not much more he could have done.

Not the first and wont be the last defeat at Analfield mate just got to move on.

I'll take scrappy 1-0 wins now until the summer where hopefully Ancelotti can use his contacts and get us in some top players.
It's not getting beat mate I've seen that happen at Wembley in cup finals, at Analfield, its they way we got beat this time and against a 2nd 11.

Last edited:
Not blaming it on Carlo but 1st half against City and 2nd half there are possibly the two most spineless performances I have seen from an Everton team.

BUT...

Sorry mate but not even the greatest manager in the world ever could get a tune out of this bunch of no marks. Give him at least two transfer windows then let's think about judging him. I reckon that there will only be 4 of that team playing for us this time next year.

...individual performances were woeful, but I have no idea why he played 2 up front yet the back four tried to keep possession. They looked weakest at the back, surely we should’ve gone back to front quicker. Instead we surrendered possession in their top third where we were outnumbered and chasing shadows. We couldn’t get out of our half.

First half it was working, the amount of clear cut chances and 3v3's we had. Second half they wised up and stopped pressing so intensely, stopping us just chipping it out and beating it.

Worst thing about it is when we go a goal down and literally do nothing for 20mins. No reaction from the players, no urgency, no ambition.

Had we a player who had conviction with his shooting, we'd have been 2 up at half-time and we win the game comfortably.

Yep you’re right of course, but I mean this if I could just press a button to remove my feelings about EFC I honestly would. They’re just a dirty big anchor we all carry round with us all our life.
I’m not remotely bothered as I could see it happening, said at half time we lose 1-0 and I was right.
No point getting upset. We all knew we would lose.. it’s what WE DO

100% agree, Brands is not needed here.
I think Brands can be utilised still, just maybe not as the forefront of our major signings for now anyway, someone who can bring in an extra 2 or so signings from nowhere, providing CA thinks their worth having around his squad, if they work out, cool, if not, it's not the biggest shame in the world. Carlo needs total control on 1st team transfers until Brands and him find their groove together. Remember he did wonders at his last clubs but the scale of competition, was nowhere near as high in the dutch league as it is in the premier league.

I watched this video after Burnley game. There were lots of similarities how Napoli tries to play in the clip and how we tried to play against Burnley. After Burnley game however it hasnt come off. Players taking too many touches. Buildup play is unbelievable slow. DCL cant control long balls and midfield loose possession when under minimal pressure. Players basically stop the ball when they receive it. Take ten touches while wondering where they were supposed to pass it. And eventually pass it all the way back to Pickford who punts it over the side line or to the oppositions keeper

exactly.
we need more one touch passing, more one twos, more forward passing, players running into correct passing angle and allowing the passer to make an easier and more effective pass. These are all hallmark of the Italian game.

It takes time for our players to get used to this, most of them were taught to play slow buildup since Martinez and Ancelotti will not be able to change it in 2 weeks.

We should of been at from the word go, get it wide and get it in.Instead we just surrender the middle of the park to them and let them stroll through and around it.Very weak mentality and no one there strong enough to change it mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.