2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever known a top draw european manager come into a club and not bring his own number 2?

It shows what a top people manager he is, he's taken Dunc as his number 2 without batting an eyelid.

Wise choice Carlo, but I don't need to tell you that, your knowledge and class is there to see.

Let's see what he brings tomorrow, not expecting a win but I'm interested to see how we set up and go about the game

Have you ever known a top draw european manager come into a club and not bring his own number 2?

It shows what a top people manager he is, he's taken Dunc as his number 2 without batting an eyelid.

Wise choice Carlo, but I don't need to tell you that, your knowledge and class is there to see.
Btw
His number 2 is his son Davide , joint with Duncan.
Clever man.

Would it be mad to suggest if he made us a regular Champions League team that challenges and wins trophies in his time here that it’d be his greatest achievement as a manager? Obviously he’s won so much more but at much more established clubs at the top of the divisions but surely it’s a much harder task going from 8th-10th to Top 4 and challenging than it is to go from 2nd to 1st?

He’ll obviously be given a lot of time here and unless there’s a massive catastrophe he’ll easily see out his contract if not have it renewed if he wanted. My biggest fear would be losing him if a Madrid/PSG type team come up with an offer. Other than that think he’ll honestly be allowed to finally settle someone and build something special. As I said he’s already won everything, he has nothing left to prove. Making Everton a real force again would cement an unbelievable legacy for him.

Any other club aside from Milan he’s not classed as a legend to have managed them due to being sacked with no loyalty which I think is terrible but it’s the way the game is gone. He has every opportunity to become an icon here though and one of if not thee greatest manager we’d ever have. For a man that has it all already surely that would be the sweetest cherry on top once he finishes his career, knowing he brought a club back to the top on his back and he’s finally appreciated for it.

Last edited:
Would it be mad to suggest if he made us a regular Champions League team that challenges and wins trophies in his time here that it’d be his greatest achievement as a manager? Obviously he’s won so much more but at much more established clubs at the top of the divisions but surely it’s a much harder task going from 8th-10th to Top 4 and challenging than it is to go from 2nd to 1st?

He’ll obviously be given a lot of time here and unless there’s a massive catastrophe he’ll easily see out his contract if not have it renewed if he wanted. My biggest fear would be losing him if a Madrid/PSG type team come up with an offer. Other than that think he’ll honestly be allowed to finally settle someone and build something special. As I said he’s already won everything, he has nothing left to prove. Making Everton a real force again would cement an unbelievable legacy for him.

Any other club aside from Milan he’s not classed as a legend to have managed them due to being sacked with no loyalty which I think is terrible but it’s the way the game is gone. He has every opportunity to become an icon here though and one of if not thee greatest manager we’d ever have. For a man that has it all already surely that would be the sweetest cherry on top once he finishes his career, knowing he brought a club back to the top on his back and he’s finally appreciated for it.

He’s been to all the big clubs and won’t go back to them aside from Milan. He got shafted at these clubs.

He came here because he wanted to be in the Prem, it was a great contract, the owner is not a complete ass, the team has some good players but lacks unity (what he is known for) and he’s going to get money in the transfer window. It’s just not a top 4 club right now but it ticks a lot of other boxes. And not that I know but I hope socially and culturally he thinks the club is a good fit because it has been a problem in the past.

Hes got 4 years + longer through an extension.

If he can consistently finish in the top 6 then he'll be here for the duration at least.

His signings will determine whether hes going for short term or long term success at the club.

Its going to be a fun ride.

I heard on that Sunday supplement someone say
"He's got a squad of players from 5 different managers" It's gonna be a marathon job isn't it.

Whatever happens lets all just calm down a bit, if we get a chasing, every by their reserves it doesnt mean hes a fraud who should be sacked, its his first month in the job.

I mean of course if we win hes the messiah, but lets not expect miracles.
Are you AT ALL familiar with this fan base?

They'd howl down a dugout with Alex Ferguson as manager and his three assistants Arrigo Sacchi, Vicente Del Bosque and Pep Guardiola.

The Walton Luftwaffe would be flying their banners: "TIME TO GO WHISKEY NOSE...AND TAKE THE THREE STOOGES WITH YER, LAD"

Ancelotti wont know what's hit him soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.