2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished reading his book 'Quiet Leadership' last night. and then woke up this morning and thought we will beat Newcastle today. Don Carlo is a master, the real deal.

There are no ifs, buts or excuses were Carlo is concerned. He has the mindset of a genius.

Yep I also read this and his other book “The Beautiful Games of an Ordinary Genius”. The latter is more of an autobiography, from his early life to his first season at Chelsea. He is one of the best man managers and a great tactician, he manages with what he’s got. He’s a great fit for Everton and it’s unbelievable we’ve got him.

Has a sense of humour too - here’s a snippet -

CF10AABA-B81A-4651-BE37-30ABF59288B2.jpeg
3D9BCD24-FE76-4A7A-9501-4FA2B4B6C975.jpeg

Would have been very happy with 4 points from these 2 games, but delighted with 6. Thought we’d get a draw today making that many changes, but Carlo knew what he was doing. The ultimate test lies ahead this week. He’ll be either at anfield or city tomorrow formulating a plan how to stop both. I guess he’ll be at city as he’s already played the RS twice this season and they’ll probably put out a slightly weakened team for the cup game anyway. But no matter what happens at least we can approach these games with more renewed optimism thanks to Carlo and Dunc’s work before him.

I was impressed today. The players looked a little more up for it but the tactical awareness Don Carlo showed was such a refreshing change.

6 points from these two is an unexpected surprise.

Looking at the table, 4 spot is wide open at the moment. If this momentum continues, you just never know. It's realistic, but still seems out of the question
Chelsea arnt great lost 5/6 Spurs are struggling, Utd have found a bit of form but probably won’t last.

we got some a few (easier) games after City where we could gain again. 7 points as its stands, should Chelsea lost tomorrow we would of made 8 points up on them since we played them

Wow! I wonder if he gets two of his picks in the Jan window we could really be a contender the rest of the season. I suppose we have to witness how he handles a dark patch which has to rear it ugly head when least expected.

In the immortal words of Ken Dodd "How tickled I am" over him taking our project on.
Had a dark patch Aug-November
It’s all flowers and rainbows from here( hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.