Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no pull for him.. no glory. No European matches. No chance of winning anything.

Is that accurate? If it is, that is a symptom of everything that is wrong with the club and how it is projecting itself. I don't need to remind you of our history.

I'm telling you this, with a capable, ambitious board any club can compete and win honours. Everton Football club hasn't become obsolete because of the inevitable march of time. It's because of donkeys leading lions.

Last edited:
Could win the league cup.. Gives us Europe.. 4th still get able

It's all attainable. This masochistic, "aye we're garbage", "we can't do better", "let's just appoint Moyes". It pains me. It really does.

And it's exactly what the red biased narrative want's you to believe. Once you succumb to that,
2+2 = 5.

Bolloxs to that. We've won more league trophies than Spurs and Chelsea combined. And at any opportunity you should rub there noses in it. If you don't think history is important, where exactly do you think you're going?

Don't tell me we can't compete or we're not one of the biggest clubs. The facts tell us we are! Have some feckin' pride. If Ancelotti swerves us or any other, it's not our loss it's theirs. Any manager who's worth his salt, would be proud to be associated with our club and as supporters you should too.

Is that accurate? If it is, that is a symptom of everything that is wrong with the club and how it is projecting itself. I don't need to remind you of our history.

I'm telling you this, with a capable, ambitious board any club can compete and win honours. Everton Football club hasn't become obsolete because of the inevitable march of time. It's because of donkeys leading lions.
Out of interest, who are the lions in this analogy?

Southall suggested this week that Ferguson, should be given the job. He said he's a winner. I don't disagree with those sentiments. However, cometh the hour cometh the man.

A draw today or hopefully a win. The next game, there's a sentimentally, there's nothing more than I would like to see than the big man leading us. I want to see that he has more in his locker. Cause at this stage a wing or a prayer and a chest beating just won't cut it.

Irrespective, if we can get Ancelotti, the idea of Ferguson working alongside him and learning is more palatable to me than Arteta. Despite this, at stage though anything but Moyes.

You sentinmental baster

Our club, isn't just about football. It's our identity. We're a bedrock of the city. Bled into us, when we were kids. There is no going back.

It is what it is. There's posters on here that suggest, we've been taken on by an owner for their own profit. We've had a man at the helm, who has never sunk any of his own money into the club.

Our local paper not once has questioned motives. Who cares, it's our club. We're the guardians, we're the protectors. It would make it so much easier, if we didn't have a say.

On my dead body though and countless others, we will not be resigned into the dustbin of history. Football is of course more important than life and death. However the next manager of our club isn't a plaything for the foibles of no-nothing boardroom members.

Instead history will judge, if the current incumbents have the insight to appoint a manager who can lead the club or condemn us to irrelevance.

Our club, isn't just about football. It's our identity. We're a bedrock of the city. Bled into us, when we were kids. There is no going back.

It is what it is. There's posters on here that suggest, we've been taken on by an owner for their own profit. We've had a man at the helm, who has never sunk any of his own money into the club.

Our local paper not once has questioned motives. Who cares, it's our club. We're the guardians, we're the protectors. It would make it so much easier, if we didn't have a say.

On my dead body though and countless others, we will not be resigned into the dustbin of history. Football is of course more important than life and death. However the next manager of our club isn't a plaything for the foibles of no-nothing boardroom members.

Instead history will judge, if the current incumbents have the insight to appoint a manager who can lead the club or condemn us to irrelevance.
Mate you're intense

I agree with you on much of what you said, but we as Evertonians need to park the ‘look at our history’ mentality. Our history means jack to anybody but us fans, the likes of Ancelotti, who is not exactly a spring chicken, will have seen us win one single European trophy in his lifetime. That is how these guys judge a club, they don’t give a flying **** how many titles we have won since 1878 mate, they are only interested in what we have won recently, that that is zip!

if we bring anybody decent in it will be on the basis of our potential, so the ground getting the sign off, The expenditure on the squad continuing to be a good level, that might, just might tempt them. The fact that we won the FA cup in 1995 wont!

Football is (was if I'm honest) important.... but it is and always has been a long way behind "what's for dinner?" In my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.