Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clough, Robson and maybe even Shankly were considered. They were big men in the game. They weren't hired. The Everton board always think they know best. And that applies to players as well as managers.

Hiring a name like Ancelotti, it's a no brainier even if you have to push the boat out to get him. Pay him him what he's worth and provide the money to do what he does. That doesn't sound like Everton. Or what I mean to say is, the ego and the self interest makes it unlikely.

The first thing any football man would do with Everton Football Club is to tell the Directors or anyone else who interferes, is to, GTFO. Hiring a man who has the fortitude to do that would be a miracle and irrevocably change the club.

Southall suggested this week that Ferguson, should be given the job. He said he's a winner. I don't disagree with those sentiments. However, cometh the hour cometh the man.

A draw today or hopefully a win. The next game, there's a sentimentally, there's nothing more than I would like to see than the big man leading us. I want to see that he has more in his locker. Cause at this stage a wing or a prayer and a chest beating just won't cut it.

Irrespective, if we can get Ancelotti, the idea of Ferguson working alongside him and learning is more palatable to me than Arteta. Despite this, at stage though anything but Moyes.
Neville Southall was the best goalkeeper in the world for a period. But since he's retired he's virtually made a career of talking through his backside.(e.g. 'It would do Everton good to be relegated'). If Ancellotti lands at Everton, he will choose his own staff. I've no doubt Dunc would be kept on in some capacity, and would hazard a guess at Youth team coach. Isn't there a rumour that Unsie is going to Wigan? He might be going somewhere, probably.

We keep hearing that Moshiri and Kenwright are mulling over the next appointee. They hired Brands supposedly to manage this. How is an accountant or a theater impresario remotely qualified to do that? You hired the guy, let him do his job or quit with the shenanigans.

The simpering Echo, keep pushing the agenda, why don't they for once ask? Why have you hired a man that you evidently have no trust in?

It's a chain of command. The bottom line is they keep hiring inept appointees and abandon them, when things go south.

Evertonians have put up with this for decades, while our neighbors despite their tribulations have gone from strength to strength. I don't resent their success, however there is absolutely no reason why our club should be the second club in the city.

It's incompetence and a betrayal pure and simple. Get someone in who knows football and the Board should sit back and enjoy the proposed investment in the dock. Then we'll see a successful Everton.

If this signing of Ancelotti is a possibility just get it done, what's the problem, surely its a no brainer.

If he was a free agent, with no ties to any club for a while, then yeah it’s a no brainer, however up till Tuesday he was Napoli manager so there would be some legalities to figure out

It would do Everton good to be relegated

There's been a few on this site and elsewhere who have advocated that. So he's not alone however, I'm not saying he's the man to articulate or provide the answers. I will say this, he bleeds Everton, it consumes him, like it does with us all.

I'd take his consideration anyday other than a man who has profited from the club or is about to.

We keep hearing that Moshiri and Kenwright are mulling over the next appointee. They hired Brands supposedly to manage this. How is an accountant or a theater impresario remotely qualified to do that? You hired the guy, let him do his job or quit with the shenanigans.

The simpering Echo, keep pushing the agenda, why don't they for once ask? Why have you hired a man that you evidently have no trust in?

It's a chain of command. The bottom line is they keep hiring inept appointees and abandon them, when things go south.

Evertonians have put up with this for decades, while our neighbors despite their tribulations have gone from strength to strength. I don't resent their success, however there is absolutely no reason why our club should be the second club in the city.

It's incompetence and a betrayal pure and simple. Get someone in who knows football and the Board should sit back and enjoy the proposed investment in the dock. Then we'll see a successful Everton.
Jeez....I've just had put the kettle on after reading that.

Would be a poor choice of manager. He is a manager used to having a team ready made for a title push. Where in his career did he ever build a team and improve a team to a level beyond what they already were?

Would be massive wages, question of whether he would be properly motivated for the assignment coming fresh off a sacking by a better team in Napoli.

Just not a good appointment for either parties. The only winner would be moshiri who could satisfy his ego of appointing a big name to everton.

not getting people who just show up to say ''he is not coming, lads'' I mean, many already did say that, it is a possibility obv, there is no need to rub it in people's faces in every second post

Status
Not open for further replies.