Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate
He's the type of manager that signs the likes of Kouliballi ,Lorenzo & Mertens and gives the team a chance of winning something.

But you think another way is better then ok.
There's different ways to do it mate. Koeman tried spending and it's set us back as we have expensive players on expensive wages we cannot get rid of. I really like Kouliballi and Dries Mertens so I'd be sure they wouldn't flop like Sigurdsson. I think we need a central midfielder as well as a striker and a centre-back.

If (and it's a big if) Ancelloti is actually interested in managing us then we need to go absolutely balls to the wall to get him through the door. He'd arguably be our most ambitious managerial appointment ever.
Would give him a blank cheque.
Sadly I cant see him coming here.
He is an elite manager and we arent at that level.
But wowzers if it happened.

Ancelotti has achieved just about everything that can be achieved as a manager. However, questions are raised regarding his manager's skills. This is because he has exclusively trained clubs with the most expensive squads, and although he has won trophies, he has left no lasting legacy. His leadership style and training regime have also been criticized.

From CS's perspective, Everton should be a perfect opportunity for him to answer the critics. To prove that he is not only a posh manager, but also a manager who can get dirt under his nails. A manager who can make the team better than the players' individual product. Through proper training, pedagogy, playing style, tactic, etc.

Personally, I believe neither Ancelotti has the skills nor the energy required, but this is precisely what Ancelotti must disprove if he is to be considered one of the greatest.
I doubt Ancelotti thinks that he needs to prove anything to anyone. Because after all, he's achieved just about everything lol.

Football managers are arrogant. It's a necessary requirement of the role. There is no way they think like you've just suggested.

I doubt Ancelotti thinks that he needs to prove anything to anyone. Because after all, he's achieved just about everything lol.

Football managers are arrogant. It's a necessary requirement of the role. There is no way they think like you've just suggested.
Maybe, but success can be measured in several ways. Bielsa, e.g. a man who has almost won nothing has more recognition, and has inspired far more coaches than CS. He is part of the football curriculum. Then you have the obvious, if you are born into a rich family, and inherit the wealth and maintain it. Are you as successful as the person who comes from a poor family and has worked his way up to the top?

Trophies and money are one thing, but what people really want is recognition.

If (and it's a big if) Ancelloti is actually interested in managing us then we need to go absolutely balls to the wall to get him through the door. He'd arguably be our most ambitious managerial appointment ever.
No he’d definitely be ours

He would prob be THE most ambitious managerial appointment ever

Ancelotti has achieved just about everything that can be achieved as a manager. However, questions are raised regarding his manager's skills. This is because he has exclusively trained clubs with the most expensive squads, and although he has won trophies, he has left no lasting legacy. His leadership style and training regime have also been criticized.

From CS's perspective, Everton should be a perfect opportunity for him to answer the critics. To prove that he is not only a posh manager, but also a manager who can get dirt under his nails. A manager who can make the team better than the players' individual product. Through proper training, pedagogy, playing style, tactic, etc.

Personally, I believe neither Ancelotti has the skills nor the energy required, but this is precisely what Ancelotti must disprove if he is to be considered one of the greatest.
Absolute rubbish,tosh,twoddle,hogwash.

Maybe, but success can be measured in several ways. Bielsa, e.g. a man who has almost won nothing has more recognition, and has inspired far more coaches than CS. He is part of the football curriculum. Then you have the obvious, if you are born into a rich family, and inherit the wealth and maintain it. Are you as successful as the person who comes from a poor family and has worked his way up to the top?

Trophies and money are one thing, but what people really want is recognition.
He has won everything... that is recognition. I literally can't see your point.

Ancelotti is considered by most to be in the top 5% of managers. He doesn't need to prove himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.