Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's beaten Liverpool 3 times in the last 14 months , wtf are we waiting for ????
giphy.gif

Cool. You’re wrong though.
You are forgetting Leicester then mate.

With luck and momentum, a few decent players, then someone like Gallardo, ten Hag or Jardim could win the league here. Anyone applying to the Everton job who does not think they can win the league (ie Moyes) should not be applying.

Neville Southall said he thought he would win the league every season he played. Robbie Savage mocked him for it, pointing out how poor Everton were at times. Southall pointed out that was why Savage never won anything.

50 year old man

7f01a0fa97fcefb6358db52d8c79561a.jpg

60 year old man

600-01606132en_Masterfile.jpg

Nope i cannot see what the difference is either.

Come on Ancelotti, get your ass over to Merseyside with the blues and hurry the eff up as there is a ginger headed stalker prowling about.

Manager's can dwindle like players do at the end of their careers. This is a 60 year old Ancelotti, not a 50 year old. He's not winning trophies like he did 10 years ago. No one would dare question his methods 10 years ago. My fear is that he ain't the same manager he was. And to cap it off, he hasn't managed a side in the bottom half of the table for over 20 years. If we had one of the other options, got us into the top 4 and then had a load of cash to spend, Ancelotti would be perfect. But we are not there, we are still in the bottom half, 2 points above the relegation places.
I read that the Napoli players said training wasn't intense enough, not sure what make of that as it's been an ugly few months there.

Although apparently at Bayern the players moaned about the same thing and had extra training sessions when Ancelotti left the training complex during the last few months he was at Bayern.

Football tends to change every 5-10 years, Mourinho is still set in his ways and his football look prehistoric in the modern era of fast attacking transitional football. Fergie at United was brilliant as he always adapted and continued to have long success, he changed from the 442 and moved to 433 and hired forward thinking coaches like Carlos Quiroz and Rene Mulensteen.

I read that the Napoli players said training wasn't intense enough, not sure what make of that as it's been an ugly few months there.

Although apparently at Bayern the players moaned about the same thing and had extra training sessions when Ancelotti left the training complex during the last few months he was at Bayern.

Football tends to change every 5-10 years, Mourinho is still set in his ways and his football look prehistoric in the modern era of fast attacking transitional football. Fergie at United was brilliant as he always adapted and continued to have long success, he changed from the 442 and moved to 433 and hired forward thinking coaches like Quiroz and Mulensteen.
Fergie was clever, he stopped coaching the team and got others to do it for him. He changed the main coach every 5 years or so to keep it fresh. Along with those you mentioned there was also Mike "it was all down to me" Phelan.

You are forgetting Leicester then mate.

With luck and momentum, a few decent players, then someone like Gallardo, ten Hag or Jardim could win the league here. Anyone applying to the Everton job who does not think they can win the league (ie Moyes) should not be applying.

Neville Southall said he thought he would win the league every season he played. Robbie Savage mocked him for it, pointing out how poor Everton were at times. Southall pointed out that was why Savage never won anything.
I’m not forgetting about Leicester. I’m also not forgetting about the fella who won £140m on the euro millions the other day... doesn’t mean I think I’ll win it tomorrow.

also, I never said that the manager shouldn’t AIM to win the league... doesn’t mean that they can.

it’s also complete conjecture that someone like Gallardo (who for the record I’d like here) who has never managed a game of football in Europe could win the league with us or anyone else. Just as it’s conjecture that Ancelotti is “past it” or “not hungry”

I’m not forgetting about Leicester. I’m also not forgetting about the fella who won £140m on the euro millions the other day... doesn’t mean I think I’ll win it tomorrow.

also, I never said that the manager shouldn’t AIM to win the league... doesn’t mean that they can.

it’s also complete conjecture that someone like Gallardo (who for the record I’d like here) who has never managed a game of football in Europe could win the league with us or anyone else. Just as it’s conjecture that Ancelotti is “past it” or “not hungry”
It might be conjecture, but alarm bells should ring after criticism of his methods on the training pitch in both of his last two jobs. Everton can't take a shortcut back to the top, we need hard work on the training ground to do it. That means a hardworking coach. Are you sure that's still Ancelotti?

Manager's can dwindle like players do at the end of their careers. This is a 60 year old Ancelotti, not a 50 year old. He's not winning trophies like he did 10 years ago. No one would dare question his methods 10 years ago. My fear is that he ain't the same manager he was. And to cap it off, he hasn't managed a side in the bottom half of the table for over 20 years. If we had one of the other options, got us into the top 4 and then had a load of cash to spend, Ancelotti would be perfect. But we are not there, we are still in the bottom half, 2 points above the relegation places.
Alex Ferguson says hi

Status
Not open for further replies.