Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mental this... we are about to announce one of the worlds elite coaches and I can read nothing about it in the paper. 3 columns on Arteta, why hes a good choice and City being jolly vexed, however.

Personally I've always ignored the media mis-representation of Everton and thought that it was really down to the hacks and sky/talksport bellends having no connections to the higher echelons of the club. However after watching and reading the media shenanigans over the past couple of weeks I can only conclude that the media has a definate bias against our club.

Plucky little Everton, the club with a rich history that has fallen on hard times. Know your place and sign David Moyes and keep the world order.

Koff - With Carlo on board and Usmanov effectively funding the club. We are gonna blow that world order out of orbit. The media is just now becoming aware and they're scared.

Can't wait to see the grids on Chalie Nicholas, Alan Brazil, Carralar, Gary Neville etc.... Utter pondscum

Looks like the board finally cottoned on to what Nil Satis Nisi Optimum actually means.

Brilliant day when this is confirmed, best day for any Evertonian under 35 because its the first time they'll have seen our club act like the club their mums, dad's older brothers or sister and grandads, nans spoke about
The only goal I can picture is the 95 FA cup goal.. what a moment and what a day that was... Celebrating with my Grandad

Personally I've always ignored the media mis-representation of Everton and thought that it was really down to the hacks and sky/talksport bellends having no connections to the higher echelons of the club. However after watching and reading the media shenanigans over the past couple of weeks I can only conclude that the media has a definate bias against our club.

Plucky little Everton, the club with a rich history that has fallen on hard times. Know your place and sign David Moyes and keep the world order.

Koff - With Carlo on board and Usmanov effectively funding the club. We are gonna blow that world order out of orbit. The media is just now becoming aware and they're scared.

Can't wait to see the grids on Chalie Nicholas, Alan Brazil, Carralar, Gary Neville etc.... Utter pondscum
Looking forward to SS and seeing Charlie Nics face

Ancelotti's appointment is seismic. Going through our managerial appointments it's difficult to suggest an equivalent. A poster earlier suggested Alan Ball. A magnificent signing but obviously a player and so not really relevant.

We constantly get told that only ex-Evertonians succeed at our club. There's an answer for that. The board are idiots and have hired managers who are ill-fitted or incompetent. We have a litany of successful managers we have passed over for reasons only known to the board members at the time.

Through sheer will of the support or luck and definitely the gargantuan efforts of the staff. We've won the league more than Chelsea and City combined. But as far as the board goes, even broken clocks get it right twice a day. But It's consistency that counts. Our board have been consistent in getting it wrong.

There isn't a recipe for success but successful clubs do something over and over again that leave their competitors in the dust. It starts from the top, demand success, demand trophies. If managers, players etc. don't deliver, they are replaced.

There's no room for sentimentality. Daglish, over the park took over for the second time, irrespective of his club status and his record, was sacked. Even after winning them a trophy. Ruthless and a mentality that screams we demand more.

One of the commentators last night suggested that prospective managers at Everton don't know what they are getting for, because the pressure is intense. Yes it is. And you know who applies that pressure, you and I.

So when Ancelotti steps into the dugout, the demands and expectations from the supporters won't be unfamiliar to him. What is essential is that, the board demands him to justify his salary. After all, this ain't his first rodeo let's see if it's our boards.

Looks like the board finally cottoned on to what Nil Satis Nisi Optimum actually means.

Brilliant day when this is confirmed, best day for any Evertonian under 35 because its the first time they'll have seen our club act like the club their mums, dad's older brothers or sister and grandads, nans spoke about
Fully agreed. The only way it could get better is if the rest of the board realised Kenwright was so desperate to bring back Moyes instead of Ancelotti, so sent him packing without such thing as a season ticket to his name.

Imagine having a stellar career managing the likes of Maldini and Nesta and walking into a training session on your first day watching Michael Keane.

I hope he can quickly establish who the deadbeat players are in our squad and can quickly oust them as far away from this football club as possible. Michael Keane being number 1 on his list.
I'm hoping that Ancelotti can see the inner Maldini of Keane which no one else can. If he does that and can unleash it, I say give him his bonus money, as that's looks a harder job than winning the league at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.