Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
People forget when Ancelotti was a player in the 80’s Everton were one of the best teams in Europe, it’s not like he has never heard of us.
He took its as he gets paid big money (I make it 6% of our turnover) which indicates he will be given a massive budget.
People say he could of taken a job in China, but none of the elite players would play there.

I'm expecting a breach of ffp but if it's spent within 1 season, it shouldn't harm the long term ambitions.
Im expecting a man city style spending spree but within a short time scale

Culpable deniability and setting the narrative. Why Carragher believes Ancelotti would be a mistake for Everton.

City, Leicester, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and everyone outside of the red circle jerk supporters, despise the monopoly that the ex-reds have in the media, even United supporters loathe it.

Back in the late 80's the BBC ignored all goals of the month and designated that only Liverpool should qualify. Nothing has changed since then. The feckin' audacity of that btw?

Whether it be the red Echo, or other arse licking, simpering fanzine, whatever club you support they will invariably present some bloated, red nosed, wine stained plank who will tell you how [Poor language removed] your club are. And Liverpool should win everything.

Deconstruction. They're Liverpool supporters...But I'm a pundit therefore I'm neutral. My arse.

If neutral exists anymore in modern journalism or indeed in journalism period. The last person I want to hear about Everton news is from a kopite. We've seen this, repeatedly in regards to how this story has been handled. What supporter out there isn't tired of some ex-red giving their opinion on their club?

Finally we get a world class manager. Red pundit response. They should go for Moyes or that get git from Preston, Sheff Utd... or Allardyce was too good for them, etc..unbelievably??? 'cause he's never managed a small club before.

Narrative and deconstruction, essential tools in disseminating BS.

Welcome Ancelotti. Long live the king.

It'll all be ok

Attachments

• Robs.png
    Robs.png
    293.6 KB · Views: 240
Culpable deniability and setting the narrative. Why Carragher believes Ancelotti would be a mistake for Everton.

City, Leicester, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and everyone outside of the red circle jerk supporters, despise the monopoly that the ex-reds have in the media, even United supporters loathe it.

Back in the late 80's the BBC ignored all goals of the month and designated that only Liverpool should qualify. Nothing has changed since then. The feckin' audacity of that btw?

Whether it be the red Echo, or other arse licking, simpering fanzine, whatever club you support they will invariably present some bloated, red nosed, wine stained plank who will tell you how [Poor language removed] your club are. And Liverpool should win everything.

Deconstruction. They're Liverpool supporters...But I'm a pundit therefore I'm neutral. My arse.

If neutral exists anymore in modern journalism or indeed in journalism period. The last person I want to hear about Everton news is from a kopite. We've seen this, repeatedly in regards to how this story has been handled. What supporter out there isn't tired of some ex-red giving their opinion on their club?

Finally we get a world class manager. Red pundit response. They should go for Moyes or that get git from Preston, Sheff Utd... or Allardyce was too good for them, etc..unbelievably??? 'cause he's never managed a small club before.

This.
People.saying he will flop because he hasn't built a team before.
Simple solution to this, spend big and build your own team.
Moshiri must have said yes or else ancelotti wouldnt have come.

Expecting a serious charge on the top 4 next season.
Our time has come

I was reading HLN in Belgium this morning. They did report on us, then quoted Carragher saying he's the wrong man for Everton. International Kopites.

rumour has it he signs tonight, 9PM UK time announcement, fantastic, Everton now truly are back

That's a brilliant summary.

A few of the knobheads on here advocating a "lesser" manager would do well to read this.

But then of course we KNOW what they are.

This.
People.saying he will flop because he hasn't built a team before.
Simple solution to this, spend big and build your own team.
Moshiri must have said yes or else ancelotti wouldnt have come.

Expecting a serious charge on the top 4 next season.
Our time has come

That's what players do. Historically that's what we have done anyway.

However that is the last thing competitors want you do. Instead pat you on your head, peoples club, peddle that narrative, plucky Everton need to find their fighting spirit. Buy into that we're done.

For the first time in a long time, we're coming out swinging.

I'm so torn over this.
On the one hand, if you'd told me last month we'd have a shot at Ancelotti, I'd have you were mad. It's an absolute dream to get a manager of his quality. He's won the bloody lot and has worked with most of the absolute best players in the world bar Messi, basically. If he's willing to come to Everton, we absolutely have to get him.

But...

I've been burned so many times. As a 36 year old Evertonian all experience has ever told me is that we can't have nice things. Old enough that I was alive when we last won the league, but too young to remember it.
My norm averages out at mid table mediocrity an a trophy once every couple of decades.
Every time there's been hope, it's gone wrong. Especially recently.

We get Moshiri and fans are waving bank notes and celebrating our new wealth - and we then see three of the most calamitous seasons ever, with £40m spent on sacking managers.

We have a couple of summers spending absolutely hundreds of millions and are left with a big crop of average, with several already shifted out at a loss.

We sign a £27m Juventus and Italy starlet. Fans make t-shirts saying "Golazzo". 4 months in And he's yet to score and has looked like a fish out of water.

Our last "Hollywood" manager was sacked and replaced by Sam Allardyce.

I don't want to be negative. I am in doubt that Ancelotti is the most qualified and successful manager we will have ever had. I'm dead excited. But I'm also absolutely crapping myself because....well.....this is Everton, isn't it?

Carlo....if you're reading this. Please. PLEASE....we starving here mate and can't take much more disappointment. We are long overdue success. Please deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.