Carabao Cup 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only one player missing (and a squad player at that) for AFCON is significant.

West Ham lose 4 (if they somehow beat the RS at home) - attacking players too (Kudus, Benrahma, Aguerd & Cornet).
Chelsea lose Jackson, RS lose Salad, Newcastle are not affected at all.

Lets face it, If we finally deservedly put Fulham to the sword at home (for recent times anyway), we all want Port Vale.
I was hoping for Port Vale away so it'd be a live game (sofa fan as I'm becoming after moving into my 70s last year). I really expected Vale to be drawn away at Anfield.

…not forgetting the pointy end of the FA Cup in 1975 for those of us old enough to have been there.
Yep, all these years later and that’s still the one for me. 2nd division too. Viv Busby scored both. Didn’t know until years later, but that season Fulham were the first side to Reach an FACup final playing every round away.

Only one player missing (and a squad player at that) for AFCON is significant.

West Ham lose 4 (if they somehow beat the RS at home) - attacking players too (Kudus, Benrahma, Aguerd & Cornet).
Chelsea lose Jackson, RS lose Salad, Newcastle are not affected at all.

Lets face it, If we finally deservedly put Fulham to the sword at home (for recent times anyway), we all want Port Vale.
Don't Liverpool lose any?

Very good ¼ Final draw for us, but it's also a very good one for Fulham. Although I'm happy we got Fulham I'll not be getting complacent and looking ahead to who we might now get in the Semi-Finals. I see Fulham as being pretty much on par with us and they are going to be tough opponents to beat.
4th best draw we could have gotten IMO.

Probably the 7th best draw for them... give or take. (out of 14 variables)

After the last few years, beating them in the final would be worth it. Been having goosebumps just thinking about it. if I had a dealer I'd ring him. Instead I've got to hoover the stairs. Back in a bit
BUT we wouldn’t beat them in the final

We’d either get tonked or concede to a Nunez miskick in the 98th min

For context, how many times have Everton won at Old Trafford since 1975? I recall 2013, 1992, and a league cup game in 1984. There are possibly others. But, basically, if United were drawn at home to us in the last eight, they’d see it as a shoe-in. We need to start thinking likewise if we want to progress.
Everton wins at Old Trafford since that year...1976 (league cup),1978 (league), 1983 (league), 1984 (league cup), 1985 (screen sport cup), 1989 (league), 1991 (league), 1992 (league) and 2013 (league).

Last edited:
Just had a mooch on the fulham forum and they are made up, I get it sort of but they beat us when we had no striker up front, a goal ruled out for nothing and we battered them?

They are talking about who they could get in the semis etc, really hope we beat that tinpot club

Status
Not open for further replies.