Carabao Cup 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
For context, how many times have Everton won at Old Trafford since 1975? I recall 2013, 1992, and a league cup game in 1984. There are possibly others. But, basically, if United were drawn at home to us in the last eight, they’d see it as a shoe-in. We need to start thinking likewise if we want to progress.

SSN spend 16 minutes on the red mancs, then show goals from Arsenal, Chelsea and rs. This followed by goals from two German Cup matches.

'Oh suppose we had best show goals from Goodison, first we'll take a break....oh now we interview the red mancs manager. Oh what about Paul Merson's incisive thoughts on the mancs.'

35 minutes in and they finally come to Everton :-(

There you go, then. Twice.

If we can’t beat Fulham at home - and perhaps we can’t - then there will be no tears from me. As handy a draw it’s possible to get without playing lower league opposition.
I'm relatively happy with the draw. You can't expect an easy game in a quarter final, but we have a winnable home game, so can't complain at all. If you want to get to the end of cup competitions then you need to find a way to win these games.

Still 7 weeks until the game though, so lot can happen before then - injuries, suspensions, form, etc.

so I went to watch the highlights on youtube... the 10 min ones... they have 7 of the 8 matches from the round up.

*insert expletive and tin foil hat theory here*

1698915531322.png

It's a good draw and great we're still in it. But for me a cup run means getting to the final at a minimum.

I don't harbour any great hopes of winning this competition but if we could get to the final, we'd have a chance on the day, corrupt refereeing and agendas aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.