Can Anichebe be as good as Benteke/Lukaku/Drogba?

Can Anichebe be as good as Benteke/Lukaku/Drogba?

• Yes. Give him some time then he will be that good.

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • No. He can still improve, but can never be that good.

Votes: 81 72.3%
  • No. He reached his peak already.

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • NO! He will be better than those!

Votes: 8 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Premier League it took Benteke 32 games to score 18 goals.

It took Anichebe 127 goes to get the same figure.

And Benteke is 3 years younger.

I like Anichebe, he's a valuable player, but comparing him to these 3 just doesn't make a lot of sense.

i dont get comparisons

just be happy the lad is starting to finally do a job for us, or we'll never be happy with him

Benteke is not Ronaldo or Messi, he his a direct powerful centre forward that have come and gone in the past; defenders will adpapt to his game, thats why you wait till the second season. People are assuming that because he has a bit more to his game than Jelaivc he will automatically be some 20+goal a season striker year on year. It won't happen, in fact I don't think he'll get into double figures next year, he's in the same mould as Cisse; he'll score some crackers but his all round play is clumsy

Who is assuming he'll be a 20 goal a season striker though ?

That double figures remark will be vaulted massively next year.

At 25 I´d say he´s hit his peak.

He´ll get wiser as the seasons go but I don´t expect him to come on leaps and bounds goal scoring wise.

I do think he´s a good player though.

he is on an upward trajectory which I never ever thought he would be. If he continues that trajectory next season then we will have a valuable member of the squad.

He'll never ever ever get close to Drogba. Never ever ever

If he scores the winner at the derby he will be better than Messi and that is a FACT.

Status
Not open for further replies.