Can Anichebe be as good as Benteke/Lukaku/Drogba?

Can Anichebe be as good as Benteke/Lukaku/Drogba?

• Yes. Give him some time then he will be that good.

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • No. He can still improve, but can never be that good.

Votes: 81 72.3%
  • No. He reached his peak already.

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • NO! He will be better than those!

Votes: 8 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we'd plucked some Belgian lad no-one had heard of for £7m and he went on to net 25 goals for us in spectacular style this place would be in f*cking meltdown, instead our top scorer is again another midfielder and our two senior forwards have 10 less goals between them.

NSNO.

We did a similar thing to Jelavic when he joined, we were going mental about him. Second season syndrome and all that.

If we'd plucked some Belgian lad no-one had heard of for £7m and he went on to net 25 goals for us in spectacular style this place would be in f*cking meltdown, instead our top scorer is again another midfielder and our two senior forwards have 10 less goals between them.

NSNO.

That's wrong but I agree with the rest.

Yes he could if our midfield performed how it did early season- at the moment we lack creativity down the centre of our midfield any forward in our team at the moment would struggle - Victor does drop back & link the midfield up & he runs the line back to goal well - Jelly is a different type of striker & at the moment with our tired midfield its an uphill struggle to score goals!

He would save us a bucket load of transfer fees we don't have if he could but sorry a simple NO has got to be the right answer here

If we had a world class striker at the club over the last 7-8 years I think Vic might be better than he is right now. There was a marked improvement in his play when Yakubu had been here for a few months - the way he rolls defenders, drops to the left, nudges his marker before running with the ball are all things Yakubu did, and all things Vic didn't initially. Seemed like he found the type of player he wanted to be.

But no, he's not. He's a perfectly acceptable second-choice for the Everton I'd love us to be. He's our best forward right now.

As said - the Drog took his time to become great. A slow burner and was 27 when Chelsea signed him.

Vic won't be in that league but he can get better - why not? The same improvement again from what he's shown this season and he'd be an excellent striker.
He's obv a fine specimen of man, but I wonder about his athleticism. He fades in games and is absolutely fked after 90 mins - do the other strikers mentioned finish the game totally wrung out?

NSNO.

Thank you, you have just prven my point.

We brought some Croat lad from Rangers who banged in 12 goals in 16 matches and this place went into meltdown; now look at everyone slating him.

If he scores 25 goals next season then you can loose another couple of pints of jizz thinking about him, but lets wait and see shall we

As said - the Drog took his time to become great. A slow burner and was 27 when Chelsea signed him.

Vic won't be in that league but he can get better - why not? The same improvement again from what he's shown this season and he'd be an excellent striker.
He's obv a fine specimen of man, but I wonder about his athleticism. He fades in games and is absolutely fked after 90 mins - do the other strikers mentioned finish the game totally wrung out?

I dont think any of the other strikers mentioned are close to him in terms of weight, to be fair. The heavier you are the more energy it takes to run around.

Thank you, you have just prven my point.

We brought some Croat lad from Rangers who banged in 12 goals in 16 matches and this place went into meltdown; now look at everyone slating him.

If he scores 25 goals next season then you can loose another couple of pints of jizz thinking about him, but lets wait and see shall we

Rubbish comparison though.

Everybody knew Jelavic's weaknesses even when he was scoring for us, that he was a slotter and not much more.

Benteke has power, pace, really strong in the air, can shoot from range and is good with the ball at his feet. Jelavic is none of those things.

Rubbish comparison though.

Everybody knew Jelavic's weaknesses even when he was scoring for us, that he was a slotter and not much more.

Benteke has power, pace, really strong in the air, can shoot from range and is good with the ball at his feet. Jelavic is none of those things.

What the hell are you going on about; bot players have weaknesses. Its about how Benteke adapts in his second season, not what his attributes are. Everyone jizzed a load when Jelvaic was slotting, this was the man that was going to take us to the next level, and looks what happend. Ltes see how Benteke adapts next year before you start touching yourself over him

What the hell are you going on about; bot players have weaknesses. Its about how Benteke adapts in his second season, not what his attributes are. Everyone jizzed a load when Jelvaic was slotting, this was the man that was going to take us to the next level, and looks what happend. Ltes see how Benteke adapts next year before you start touching yourself over him

Of course it matters what his attributes are. If a player has more ability then he's less likely to struggle in his second season because he'll be more capable of mixing his game up. Jelavic has struggled when he can't just sit in the box and wait to slot the ball. He's a poacher and not much else at this point. Benteke on the other hand is far less limited.

Of course it matters what his attributes are. If a player has more ability then he's less likely to struggle in his second season because he'll be more capable of mixing his game up. Jelavic has struggled when he can't just sit in the box and wait to slot the ball. He's a poacher and not much else at this point. Benteke on the other hand is far less limited.

Benteke is not Ronaldo or Messi, he his a direct powerful centre forward that have come and gone in the past; defenders will adpapt to his game, thats why you wait till the second season. People are assuming that because he has a bit more to his game than Jelaivc he will automatically be some 20+goal a season striker year on year. It won't happen, in fact I don't think he'll get into double figures next year, he's in the same mould as Cisse; he'll score some crackers but his all round play is clumsy

I wouldn't think so.

He has a sh!te pain threshold too does Vic, any contact with his feet and he's stood there still clutching them for ages.

In the Premier League it took Benteke 32 games to score 18 goals.

It took Anichebe 127 goes to get the same figure.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.