Calum McManaman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps on Football Manager. Real football doesn't quite work like that, mate.

Wigan will point to Zaha at £15m and I'm certain Hodgson will call the lad up for one of the upcoming England games, just to add to the frenzy.

I don't think he will leave Wigan as he seems like he's enjoying his Football there and he'd be I'll advised to go anywhere for at least another year, but if he does go this summer, ill wager he'll carry a fee of at least £8m if they go down, £10m plus if they stay up.

Oh meeeeooooowwwwww!!!!

I suppose you never know how good players will develop to be. Unless you're a scout or youth team coach etc.

Mr Moyes showed great vision when he released McManamen - you heard correctly - we did not get a pound for him -
gave him away - just let him go -
while meanwhile back at the ranch we are in desperate need of a right winger -
good player and just what Everton needs - but too late for tears I am afraid to say

Perhaps on Football Manager. Real football doesn't quite work like that, mate.

Wigan will point to Zaha at £15m and I'm certain Hodgson will call the lad up for one of the upcoming England games, just to add to the frenzy.

I don't think he will leave Wigan as he seems like he's enjoying his Football there and he'd be I'll advised to go anywhere for at least another year, but if he does go this summer, ill wager he'll carry a fee of at least £8m if they go down, £10m plus if they stay up.

Are you serious?

Are you serious?

Why not? Walcott was taken to a World Cup with less Premier League appearances than McMannaman.

And in recent months Sterling and Zaha have appeared for England on the back of a handful of club appearances and a smattering of bright displays in the Championship.

Doesn't take very much to earn a call up for England nowadays, lets be honest.

He's out of our price range now unfortunately... Then again our price range is maxed out at 5 million (after selling Fellaini, that is:D).

As for the fact that we released him... It happens all the time, to many clubs. See Dortmund releasing Marco Reus on a free when he was 17 and having to buy him back 5 years later. You don't always know how a player will develop. Would he have made it here if he hadn't been released? No way to say. Maybe being released is what gave him the determination to get to where he is now.

Sums Moyes up for me that, hates any youngster who cannot defend, regardless of there ability going forward. Barkley got mom on his premier league debut and the following week was dropped and never to be seen again for a defensive mistake. I remember there being uproar when we let mcmanaman go as the coaching staff couldn't believe it

As with most of these things, when you've not go much money it's best to buy players before they make the big time (ala Cahill, Arteta et al) than the ones that have hit a rich spell. Those kind of buys often attract big bucks and the players can then flatter to deceive.

As a prime example, look at Jelavic. We bought him relatively cheaply, and he had a great start to his career. Imagine how much someone would have had to pay to prise him from us last summer and then compare that to how much it'd take now.

United can afford to overpay for Zaha. We can't, so it's best to buy players that have some upside rather than those that are already at the top.

That said, does seem daft in hindsight to have let him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.