Calum McManaman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arteta10

Player Valuation: £10m
Appoint Martinez as manager and sign that boy up! Having a great final here and I've been impressed whenever I've watched him, got two good feet, pace and can beat a man. He's from Huyton and he's a blue apparently so if we do appoint Martinez I could really see it happening

...I mentioned him a week ago on this site and got shouted down. General concensus was that we let him go because he's a bit of a knob and we don't want him back. He looks ok to me.

We've already released him once, and unless they go down I imagine he'd be out of our price range

It's looking like a big greasy egg in the face to the Everton coaching staff who said he was too small and lacked the physical presence to make it at the top level!

Nope.

It's Wigan.

So? Valencia went for £17m, Palacios went for £14m

Plus McMannaman is English and unless they go down we'd still be quoted at least £10m, which is money we've not really got.

So? Valencia went for £17m, Palacios went for £14m

Plus McMannaman is English and unless they go down we'd still be quoted at least £10m, which is money we've not really got.

Palacios went for £12m and Valencia went for £16m but they went to United and Tottenham, two clubs Wigan knew they could be overpayed by. And McManaman isn't on Valencia's level yet. No way would he go for £10m.

Serious question. Are you high?

Hyped up English youngster who's just lit up the cup final. Plenty of years left on his contract. Probably an England sub appearance in the immediate future. Even if they go down, Wigan aren't in dire financial straits they wouldn't have to sell below the odds. Zaha has just gone to United for £15m from a Championship club and he's only a year younger than McMannaman and of similar stature.

Sensible question, What price do you think we'd be quoted?

Last edited by a moderator:

Since breaking into the team he's been a shinning light at times for Wigan!. Probs could do with staying at Wigan for another season, wether that be in the prem or championship to keep up his progression and see how he truly develops?!.

And is Martinez on the verge of doing something Moyesy couldn't?!.

Hyped up English youngster who's just lit up the cup final. Plenty of years left on his contract. Probably an England sub appearance in the immediate future. Even if they go down, Wigan aren't in dire financial straits they wouldn't have to sell below the odds. Zaha has just gone to United for £15m from a Championship club and he's only a year younger than McMannaman and of similar stature.

Sensible question, What price do you think we'd be quoted?

I fancy him and would love to have him back. He's no more than a 5-6 million player tops even with the magic dust of the FA cup on him. Even that is too much.

Could see him forming a partnership with Coleman on the right. Martinez would be a good choice for us, he got experience in the premiership, he likes attacking football, he been working on a lower wage budget then Moyes. He comes across as well.

Could see him forming a partnership with Coleman on the right. Martinez would be a good choice for us, he got experience in the premiership, he likes attacking football, he been working on a lower wage budget then Moyes. He comes across as well.

And he can win things

I fancy him and would love to have him back. He's no more than a 5-6 million player tops even with the magic dust of the FA cup on him. Even that is too much.

Perhaps on Football Manager. Real football doesn't quite work like that, mate.

Wigan will point to Zaha at £15m and I'm certain Hodgson will call the lad up for one of the upcoming England games, just to add to the frenzy.

I don't think he will leave Wigan as he seems like he's enjoying his Football there and he'd be I'll advised to go anywhere for at least another year, but if he does go this summer, ill wager he'll carry a fee of at least £8m if they go down, £10m plus if they stay up.

Status
Not open for further replies.