Calm down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having faith.

I've only just started with Everton. I have no right to tell people to stay optimistic or that they need to see the positives. Neither do I possess enough prior knowledge to make educated guesses about form and expectations...etc.

But I am going to keep the faith and remain optimistic and see the positives because I want to be here and Everton are my team and my character is too intrinsically linked with loyalty and belief to do anything else.

We'll smash the Baggies. We really will.

Mate Everton will beat hope out of you and then give you more just to knock you again. Ive had 37 years of it and love them still.

Remember preseason and how unimportant it was, getting these mistakes out of the system, just about building fitness. That turned out great didn't it. Hopefully something happens today and tomorrow because after the Int break we have to fly out in the league against WBA otherwise we'll get battered by Wolfsburg and they'll be riots!

-we scored 3 against a Chelsea team that are ridiculously good at closing down with a lead
-we are probably the only team that will put 3 past them this season and you can bet Jose is fuming
-we have faced 2 of the best attacking teams in the league in these 3 games
-our defence will get it together
-it looks like we've just signed our best striker on a free
-naismith is boss
-we don't even have barkley in the team now
-we will score 80 league goals this year
-imagine this attack against europa league competition
-lukaku hasn't even started slotting yet ffs we could score 100

Is right. Like boss said it went wrong from the first minute. Still scored 3.
Dissapointing result but good lesson.

We will work it and we will be ready. Cant wait Europe cause i know we will boss the old continent.

Chin Up Blues. Kopites are ****

To be honest we have looked lost since the beginning of the season. I have every confidence that we will be back to our best next game and take 3 points. Pre-season has caused this and it should iron itself out now.

I appreciate the original poster's intent because I'm an optimist by nature.

Lots to be positive about this match.

Unfortunately, there's a giant elephant in the room that's been staring us in the face for the last three matches (and the tail end of last season too) that seriously needs to be addressed.

How it's addressed and how quickly it's remedied is huge issue for us right now because if it isn't, then EVERYTHING in that list is a moot point. Good teams start with good defense.

TX I like you, But slagging Goat off in a Everton thread is very harsh

Remember last season when all was well and a number of lids on here said 'remember this when we go through a poor spell of form, as Bobby will need a bit of time to have us consistently challenging the big boys?' And everyone nodded sagely at these wise words?

Just saying like
Also, it's very easy to be all doom and gloom after a defeat.

After a bad start, we actually got ourselves back in to the game and didn't just lay down and die for Chelsea. We were very good going forward.

Defence needs addressing though, as Jagielka and Distin are looking like this is one season too far, and have done since the start of the season.

We'll be reet.

Just to remind you. Remember how well we recover from the beating RS gave us at Mordor last season? Bobby will fix it, we're gonna be okay.

But I aggree we need a new central duo. And need it soon.

Just to remind you. Remember how well we recover from the beating RS gave us at Mordor last season? Bobby will fix it, we're gonna be okay.

But I aggree we need a new central duo. And need it soon.

Watched the match with my mate and he asked me an interesting question.
"with that defence would you settle for a 2-1 loss at Anfield now?"
first reaction was yes as honestly could see us shipping 5 again easy , but slept on it and now I wouldnt.

thats what makes us everton fans I guess. sadomasichistics that we are we love it

Watched the match with my mate and he asked me an interesting question.
"with that defence would you settle for a 2-1 loss at Anfield now?"
first reaction was yes as honestly could see us shipping 5 again easy , but slept on it and now I wouldnt.

thats what makes us everton fans I guess. sadomasichistics that we are we love it

Tell your mate he's a knobhound

-we scored 3 against a Chelsea team that are ridiculously good at closing down with a lead
-we are probably the only team that will put 3 past them this season and you can bet Jose is fuming
-we have faced 2 of the best attacking teams in the league in these 3 games
-our defence will get it together
-it looks like we've just signed our best striker on a free
-naismith is boss
-we don't even have barkley in the team now
-we will score 80 league goals this year
-imagine this attack against europa league competition
-lukaku hasn't even started slotting yet ffs we could score 100

Hey at least we'll see a lot of goals this season. :oops:

look at the stats ffs. we had 2/3rds of possession, more shots and only 1 less on target! and hit the woodwork twice and had a goal dissalowed ffs.

bloody defence

So what we want is for The Prem to give points for;

i) Possession

ii) Number of shots

iii) Hitting the post

iv) give us a goal every time the ball crosses the line

v) Give points for aggression and willingness to attack

Also;

Make all the teams that have prepared properly and can defend carry extra weight like in horse racing.

And; change Z Cars for 'Send in the Clowns'.

Remember preseason and how unimportant it was, getting these mistakes out of the system, just about building fitness. That turned out great didn't it. Hopefully something happens today and tomorrow because after the Int break we have to fly out in the league against WBA otherwise we'll get battered by Wolfsburg and they'll be riots!

One gets tired pointing this out but here goes.

"pre-season"?

Tell the Mancs how a good "pre-season" translates into early season form.

IMO our current travails are nowt to do with the lack of a "pre season".

The attacking play has been splendid with wave after wave of high energy aggression.

It has all been undone by moments of madness at the back by players who have been playing together for years and certainly don't need no steenkeen "pre-season" to get used to each other.

And some rank bad luck as in Seamus's o.g. yesterday.

This is life under Bobby.

Get used to it.

He said prior to last season's OT victory that he would "rather lose 5-0 playing attacking football than grind out a one nil win"

Personally, I'd prefer the scrappy win but Bob is the guvnor here and what he says goes.

All I will say is that if we keep attacking with the same verve, pace and inventiveness over the next nine months then we will win an awful lot more games than we will lose.

COYB.

Status
Not open for further replies.