Bugger Arshavin, lets get these full backs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come now lads, remember we're talking about levels here. These guys have looked like the best full backs in the tournament. Ours are good players for sure but we won't win the league with Neville and Baines at full back. I feel that both are around 4th/5th level, which is ok, but these Russians look a step up.

No need to replace any of our defence. Neville can do a solid job at right back, hes only made a few mistakes there this season! Hibbert a good back up, he hasnt exactly played much, but when he has he hasnt played badly. Then we come to the centre of defence, Yobo, lescott, Jagielka - would you replace a single one of them?, then the left back position - lescott, baines and valente, ok valente aint good, but baines is a great left back, think of the start of the season, when he had them great games before he got injured, like man utd at home. We dont need another defender...we just need a striker to replace johnson, and a left/right winger, and a centre mid (fernandes)

Yes I would replace Jagielka immediately ! No problems with committment etc., but the lad lashes the ball all over the place ! He also is a firm believer in the very long ball game as he is constantly whacking the ball beyond our strikers.
This may be the reason that AJ finds himself running towards the corner flag several times during the game. Not a ideal ploy for somebody who is supposed to be in and around the box.
No I would not get rid of AJ either.

Yes I would replace Jagielka immediately ! No problems with committment etc., but the lad lashes the ball all over the place ! He also is a firm believer in the very long ball game as he is constantly whacking the ball beyond our strikers.
This may be the reason that AJ finds himself running towards the corner flag several times during the game. Not a ideal ploy for somebody who is supposed to be in and around the box.
No I would not get rid of AJ either.

Jagielka was one of our best players last season, and johnson has always ran down the wings, you dont find yakubu running down the wings constantly "because of jagielka"

Some really players last night again i was impressed with Zirkhov and and the centre forward looks a good player skillfull yet physical, the full backs look good, but they are probably the best coached team in the tournament every player knows his role and position in the team!

Remeber that lad who won the Uefa for Zenit, Denisov, i havnt seen him at all this tournament i persummed he was Russian he looked a good player.

I think Denisov is from Ukraine (not sure).
Apart from Arshavin and the fullbacks, Pavlyuchenko (striker) is class. Always seems to be able to find space. I was also very impressed with Semak, the defensive midfielder. Him and Saenko were fundamental in cutting out the supply line. pushing up on Engelaar and DeJong who aren't so tidy with their distribution when pressed for time. Having said that, defensively, De Jong saved Holland on many occaisions.

It's funny coz I've been impressed by a couple of left backs in the Euros, shame we don't really need any.
The better Arshavin plays, the more I am sceptical of our chances of getting him, he's class.

Some people seem to have forgotten how good our defence was last season! There have been some brilliant defenders at the Euro's, but apart from a RB, we don't need any other defenders imo.

We do need a decent DM though

I thought Zhirkov dived about a bit too much to be honest.

Everytime he had the ball he looked to go on his arse.

anyukov is the perfect RB in my eyes, quality going both back and forward.

i have im in my fantasy team along with pavlyuchenko..very good side, with very few weak areas.

p.s. i had a tenner on pavly to score 1st last night ;)

Anyukov at right back would be awesome. Also Zhirkov would be a tremendous pairing with Leighton Baines I believe. Do agree however, that there are more pressing needs to fullfill than signing a left back/winger.If we do sign Arshavin though, he'll be our left winger I presume.

Some people seem to have forgotten how good our defence was last season! There have been some brilliant defenders at the Euro's, but apart from a RB, we don't need any other defenders imo.

We do need a decent DM though

That's the difference between the good and the best though. It's one thing for the defence to be solid, but the very best teams start attacks from their defence. Our distribution from the back has room for improvement, and our full backs are far behind the best in the business.

and this is why moyes has not signed a new contract as he is fuming kenwright has sold his star captain behind his back!!

I'm forgetting Arshavin now, i don't think we stand a chance.

He'll be in blue next season, the blue and red of Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.