Match Thread Brentford v Everton - Match Report, MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, now.

Today is not going to be considered a high point in our recent history.

A draw at Brentford isn’t a bad result. It needs to be no more than that.
I didn't mean a "high point in our recent history", 'a postive result' would have been a more apt phrase; but to apply some sort of nonsensical mental gymnastics to it because "united did this" or "united did that" is as arbitrary as it is garbage. United will be aiming for a top 4 place, we're trying to stay out the bottom 4. Apples and oranges.

Manager picks the team and formation no matter what books the DOF writes
But the dof is an advocate of the 3/5 at the back. So if the formation is wrong then so is everything with the whole managerial setup including the guy getting the players in to suit that formation

I take your point but let's be honest: on another day Brentford put 4 or 5 in if they hadn't hit the woodwork everytime. It was comfortable for them and we took our only chance. If any team is feeling disappointed with that result, it's surely Brentford.
We had chances too. Seven shots on target. Gordon could have had a second and Gray should have scored. No one is jumping up and down like this is a big result. We’re disappointed because we couldn’t close the game out.

The next game we will have an actual striker in the team.

It would have been a great win considering how much pressure we found ourselves under...

Demarai Gray one on one chance was the main difference, Mykolenko could also have scored. We score either we win.

I predicted 1-1 but it's not quite the same when you have 3 points in the bag with a few minutes to go. To be fair Brentford missed a hatful of good chances so a point feels ok in the circumstances.

If/ when we don't get anything at Leeds then we aren't going to get much from the next 2 after that. So we will be in a position where we are on 2 points after 7 games

Yeah pretty much this. I think the pressure on Frank will build then and if we don’t start getting some points on the board throughout October, I can’t see him staying - he’s been given players, so make them perform.

The defence was woeful today. Liverpool putting 9 past Bournemouth - at least the derby will have goals.

I didn't mean a "high point in our recent history", 'a postive result' would have been a more apt phrase; but to apply some sort of nonsensical mental gymnastics to it because "united did this" or "united did that" is as arbitrary as it is garbage. United will be aiming for a top 4 place, we're trying to stay out the bottom 4. Apples and oranges.

Listen to the Colonel ? spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.