Match Thread Brentford v Everton - Match Report, MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the move that led to the corner for their goal there was a definite offside, in fact three of our players had their arms up for it before the ball went out of play. Also agree that the ball didn’t cross the line for the corner.

Dunno why but I just watched the MOTD highlights again and we absolutely robbed a point there, a more clinical side would of beaten us with ease there
You're probably right, and all I can say is long may it continue. I'm fed up of us getting beat because of fluke goals/deflections and poor refereeing, time lady luck helped as for a change*.

*Not that I'm superstitious or anything :blush:

I'd say we are missing a midfield engine alongside Onana. Still too overun in there half the time.

If we can get Ghana in I think that might do it.
2 in MF. Does us every time
No matter who our 2 are, they tend to be over run, especially if they have a tendency to gallop forward.
There were times when Our Corners - which often failed to clear the 1st man - were Brentfords best option...lash it out over our pushed up for the corner MF - panic stations, hit posts, we got lucky.

Thought we lacked the basics here.

Too many people ball watching when we were under pressure. Nicked a point and a few players should be dug out.

Onana for me, if he builds on his early start he could be a weapon for us.

Keeping the faith but we need that first win to give us confidence

2 in MF. Does us every time
No matter who our 2 are, they tend to be over run, especially if they have a tendency to gallop forward.
There were times when Our Corners - which often failed to clear the 1st man - were Brentfords best option...lash it out over our pushed up for the corner MF - panic stations, hit posts, we got lucky.
Yep, I wasn't clear at all - I meant we need onana and Ghana plus one other in there!

From 30 mins in we were very much second best, so overall we can’t be too disappointed with a point. However when you look again at the goal, offside in the build up and ball not going out we have every right to be disappointed.

What drove me insane was that there was never any Everton player on the edge of the box to compete for any loose or cleared ball from a Brentford corner. Either they won a header or always attacked unopposed from a clearance.
While from two Everton corners that where cleared they had men around the D and launched two counter attacks they should have scored from.

Last season could understand the issue with the formation. But don’t see the fuss. We don’t have the players to go and control the game. We are set up to have numbers defensively and have a quick transition from defence to attack.

I genuinely, don’t believe we’ve beeb bad so far this season. One moment of
Stupidity from Doucoure after a sterling dive, and we lose a point. Villa away. Lacking quality in attack. Forest, created loads but no finisher. Brentford. Could have bren 4-4 but we look much more dangerous.

I’m still finding it hard to see where the points come but mostly due to us not having any clinical edge.

It’s criminal we’ve not got a richarlison replacement in this long after he’s gone, and that we went into the season with DCL being the only viable option, but in terms of on the field so far, we’re just unfortunate not
To be on 3/4 points instead of 2.

Less than 24 hours to cast your vote for the Man of the Match at Brentford... Don't delay, vote today !!

Status
Not open for further replies.