Homepage Article Brands Renews Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don't make Europe after 3 years, 18 months with a world class manager.

Then he hasnt improved us.

We have stood still under his leadership.
Yes, for the very reasons I’ve just explained.
We still have the likes of Bolasie and Besic on the books who haven’t played for us for 2 years.
Could anybody had predicted the likes of Delph would be so garbage? That Gbamin would break before he’d even been taken out of the packaging?
Its all fine lines, like I said, some bad some good.

Read the room mate, not a single person is talking about punishment any more in the media.

Stick a fork in this.
What more indication that we are happy with the status quo could we ask for beyond signing the very average Brands to a new contract?

Set the tone for the day this.

Your regular programming has resumed.

Yes, for the very reasons I’ve just explained.
We still have the likes of Bolasie and Besic on the books who haven’t played for us for 2 years.
Could anybody had predicted the likes of Delph would be so garbage? That Gbamin would break before he’d even been taken out of the packaging?
Its all fine lines, like I said, some bad some good.
Yes. People could predict Delph would be garbage, Iwobi too. Just not our infallible DOF. He just got unlucky.

I am pleased that he is staying. At least him and Carlo will continue to build the first team together. The other part of his job is the Academy. The changes he has made there are not headline grabbing but there is a definite improvement in the performances and seemingly a policy change in moving youngsters through the system.

Brands and Carlo are going to get a boatload of cash come the summer.

I have been impressed by Brands in terms of making the bloated squad more slimline.

Transfer wise he is better than Walsh given the restrictions he has faced.

This summer, we have deadwood gone, a healthy wage bill to use so here hoping we have a good budget to bring in key players and with Carlo, I think we will attract and find the best.

The only matches we have lost this year have been the ones the players the brought in this past summer werent available for.

If he does that again with a CM, RB, Winger, GK this summer, this team will go from hard for the Scab 6 to beat, to impossible.

He inherited a squad that finished 8th with Sam bloody Allardyce managing it.

Where are we today with a world class manager in Ancelotti?

Oh but he's only had 3 years, he's been hamstrung, he's been unlucky with injuries, and so on....

....quite a mixed bag of signings. For me, a good injury record should be part of the transfer criteria so Delph has been an almighty failure even if the aim was to get winning mentality & experience into the dressing room.

He wanted midfield runners to transition defence to attack, I can understand why he targeted the type of player Iwobi is but that has also been a poor acquisition. I don’t blame him for Gbamin’s misfortune & Doucoure looks the part. I assume he was asked to get Rodriguez & Allan by Ancelotti & made it happen.

Real need for pace & power at the back so an excellent purchase in Godfrey.

If I step back and look at all transactions (good and bad), I can at least see a reason why he got those individuals. I think that’s what we call a ‘transfer strategy’ and at last we appear to have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.